Are you a passionate and dedicated children's nurse looking for a new adventure? Do you want to be part of our growing team at an exciting time?
We are expanding our team of Senior Sisters/Charge Nurses to eventually provide 24/7 cover. This post will be predominantly night shifts with occasional day shifts including weekends.
Children's Services is currently going through a pilot transformational change with the merging of nursing teams across the Paediatric Emergency Department and the Children and Young People's Unit.Main duties of the job
Children's Services at Bradford Royal Infirmary needs you to join our dedicated team to enable us to continue offering the children of Bradford excellent care.
The postholder will work closely with the teams across the Children's Emergency Department and the Children and Young People's Unit with a primary focus on patient flow, patient safety and team support. You will also have managerial responsibility for a team of band 6 sisters/charge nurses.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- A commitment to caring for sick children and their families
- Registration with the NMC as a Children's Nurse
- Commitment to continuing your own personal professional development
- Leadership experience
- An ability to work under pressure
Please see the person specification and job description for additional information.
For further information please contact:
Michelle Wilson, Children's Inpatient Matron, 01274 383640About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RSCN/RN (Child)
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g., ENB (998) /SLIP or equivalent*
- European Paediatric Advanced Life Support (EPALS) or equivalent*
- Degree or equivalent level of education or equivalent experience*
- Evidence of further study/knowledge at Masters level or equivalent
- Recognised Leadership Qualification or equivalent experience
- Evidence of commitment to continuous learning and application in practice
- Significant post-registration experience in nursing children & young people
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience of assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients/service-users/staff demonstrating knowledge of specific needs
- Experience of Involvement in quality improvement
- Experience of developing innovative practice
- Experience of working in an MDT and across organisational and professional boundaries
- Experience in managing a team and individuals to achieve positive outcomes
- Experience of involvement in policy development
- Ability to create and carry out presentations
- Competent in the use on standard IT packages and the aptitude to learn how to use new IT systems,
- Clinical credibility in neonatal care
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide leadership
- Organised approach to work with ability to prioritise and delegate
- Coaching and counselling skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Proven skills in teaching individuals and small groups
- Proven evidence of change management skills.
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Knowledge and understanding of application of relevant National Guidance both general and specialty related e.g. National Service Frameworks, NICE, Together for Short Lives etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NHS national targets and priorities
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the needs of the specific patient group
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Recruitment and Selection, Appraisal and other relevant HR/People management training
- Management Development Training
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.