The pharmacy technician role is essential to the delivery of an effective medicines management service and is also critical to the smooth running of both healthcare and the prison regime. You will be able to problem solve and be self-motivated. You will also need to build effective working relationships with a range of people, including prison staff, prisoners and the wider healthcare team.
We are looking for a full-time post as part of a 7-day service. The posts involve working within a multi-disciplinary team to provide a high-quality service equivalent to that provided in the community. The successful candidate will be an excellent team player who works closely with patients, the prison pharmacists, the wider health care multi-disciplinary team and prison service to ensure a comprehensive medicines management service is provided to prisoners.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to NHS Terms & Conditions and receipt of satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and prison vetting.Main duties of the job
To provide quality, effective pharmacy services to improve patient care including technical and clinical services, and to assist in education and training of pharmacy and nursing staff.
To administer medication safely and in a timely manner as part of the routine medicines round in the prison.
To promote further development of the pharmacy technician's role within the Trust.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Provision of a quality service, demonstrating reliability in routine dispensing of medication and skill in non-routine tasks e.g. advising patients/carers on medication issues or handling routine drug queries.
- Carry out medicines administration on allocated wings, signposting queries to relevant departments and keeping a complete record on the electronic administration system.
- Participation in dispensing and accuracy checking of dispensed items.
- Development of and participation in wing-based duties to include medicines reconciliation, IPRA's, Basic observations, Injections, Spot checks, assessment of PODs and liaising with other healthcare professionals to gather relevant information on current medication and compliance status of new and long term prisoners.
- Contribute to development and implementation of policies and procedures within the department and those impacting across services e.g. Medicines Management Policy.
- Supervise and train new starters, apprentices, assistants, qualified or student technicians in the provision of an effective and efficient pharmacy services.
- Deliver post graduate level training to pre-registration pharmacy graduates and qualified nursing staff.
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- GPHC registration
- 2 Years experience as a Pharmacy technician
- Btech level 3 or Equivalent
- ACT qualification
- Prison experience
- Medicine Administration experience
- Systm One experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Btech level 3 or Equivalent
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
1 Southall street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.