The main purpose of the role is to act as a full time Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) as required by the Mental Health Act (1983/2007), operating from the City-Wide AMHP Hub, carrying out all AMHP duties, including triaging referrals.
You will liaise with GPs and other key partner agencies to develop and maintain multi-disciplinary and multi-agency working. You will provide a high quality, comprehensive assessment for allocated Service Users, involving as appropriate the views and input from Nearest Relatives, other relatives, other service providers (both Trust and external) and carers.
You will assess and where appropriate arrange admissions to hospital either under the Mental Health Act (1983), Mental Capacity Act (2005), or on a voluntary basis, or refer/signpost to alternative least restrictive alternatives to admission.
You will take referrals from across the city for both Guardianship and Community Treatment Orders and Breathing Space on a rota basis.
The main contacts of the job will be GMMH Practitioners, Team Managers, Senior Trust Managers, Manchester City Council Legal services, Police, Local Authority staff and independent and voluntary sector organisations, Service Providers, service users, their relatives and carers and members of the public.Main duties of the job
- To act as an AMHP within the scope of both the Mental Health Act 1983 (MHA 1983) (as amended 2007) and the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA 2005) to ensure that legislative requirements for assessment and, where necessary detention, are met whilst ensuring patient's rights are upheld.
- To maintain own AMHP approval as required under the MHA 1983 and within locally agreed policy, including 18 hours specialist training per year, and regular supervision attendance.
- To manage own working day in liaison with AMHP Hub Manager, to reduce additional hours worked and to minimise accrued TOIL.
- On occasion to deputise for the AMHP Hub Manager and manage handover of work at AMHP Hub, including accepting and triaging referrals.
- To have a working and applied knowledge of the Care Act (2014) as well as being acquainted with other legislation which may be relevant (e.g. Children Act 1989 and 2004), Mental Capacity Act (2005), Human Rights Act (1998), Trust policies and procedures. To observe the requirements all other legislation affecting the role and duties as an AMHP.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description and person specification Staff benefits
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent NHS pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- AMHP Qualification
- Significant experience of working as an AMHP
- Professional Qualification (e.g. Social Worker, Psychiatric Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist
- Registered with professional authority (e.g. Social Work England)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Additional relevant qualification, eg Practice Educator, BIA
- experience of working in inner city/ urban areas
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
North Manchester General Hopsital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.