Are you interested in finding out more about Nursing roles within our NBT eXtra team?
Here are a few reasons to apply
- NBTeXtra bank workers are valued members of our team and have access to exceptional benefits, including access to the NHS Pension scheme, and full training and induction support
- NBTeXtra offer flexible working patterns to meet your needs, offering earlies, lates, long days and nights with competitive rates.
- 19.86* per hour - Week Days
- �25.82* per hour - Nights and Saturdays
- �31.78* per hour - Sundays and Bank Holidays
*All rates are inclusive of annual leave allowance
Main duties of the jobAs a Bank Nurse, your responsibilities will include :
- State of the art facilities- you will be based within our award-winning Brunel building, which has recently won Best Acute Hospital Development at the 2017 Building Better Healthcare Awards in London and Best Healthcare Design over 25,000sqm at the European Healthcare Awards
- All NBTextra nurses also receive free uniform.
- Paid mandatory and statutory training on going
- Supporting all clinical areas of the Trust as and when required.
- Taking personal responsibility and accountability for ensuring that Trust and local policies and procedures are known and followed and ensuring duties are carried out in accordance with the advisory guidelines and practice set out in the NMC code.
- Being responsible for assessment, planning, Implementation and Evaluation of patient care.
- Taking responsibility for the supervision and guidance of other staff including health care assistants and students as required.
- Hold RN (adult) registration with current NMC license to practice
- Minimum of 15 months post new qualification experience. (3 months preceptorship and then 12 months acute experience)
- Have recent acute hospital experience within the last 18-24 months
- Have a drive to work hard, enthusiasm and the ability to commit to a 4-day induction programme if successful
- Have Right to work in UK (with relevant Adaptation/ONP if applicable)
- Have the ability to commence work within 3 months of offer
NBTeXtra is the temporary bank of staff that supports the running of one of the South West's largest hospitals.
North Bristol NHS Trust employs over 12,000 staff providing healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset from our award-winning hospital building at Southmead. We are the regional Major Trauma Centre, and an internationally recognised centre of excellence in a range of services and major specialities. Our vision is that by enabling our teams to be the best that they can be, we will provide exceptional healthcare, personally delivered.
We commit to treating each patient as an individual with respect and dignity, aiming to deliver excellent clinical outcomes and a first-class experience for everyone who uses our services.
North Bristol NHS Trust values all people as individuals. We aim to be an anti-discriminatory organisation and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We welcome applicants from all underrepresented groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor a full overview of the Job Description, please refer to the PDF Job Description attached as an additional document to this advert.
- Take regular responsibility to carry out required planned, direct patient care to a high standard without direct supervision in accordance with established nursing procedures and policies.
- To report to the appropriate members of the multidisciplinary team any significant changes in a patients condition or situation.
- Take personal responsibility for the delivery of care of patients in a defined area.
- To contribute towards health promotion for all patients by providing education, support and advice, as necessary
- Ensure referral to appropriate professionals or agencies as required.
- Ensure the safe ordering, administration and custody of patients medication according to Trust policies and procedures.
- In the absence of senior staff be responsible for delegation and supervision of appropriate work to other qualified staff, health care assistants and students
- Where relevant to be responsible for and assist in co-ordinating discharge planning in partnership with the multidisciplinary team
- RGN with current live NMC Registration - for more than 1 year
- Teaching and assessing qualification (998 or equivalent)
- Candidate will have undertaken training for extended roles required by the ward / department. i.e. IV drug administration, Cannulation, venepuncture, ECGs, male catheterisation, PCA and Epidural training.
- Candidate will have been working in a hospital setting within the last 2 years, as a Registered Nurse
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Basic computer / IT skills and expectation to develop these in line with the needs of the service i.e. IHS, Acis, Email use.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of Broad Acute experience
North Bristol NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.