Clinical Site Manager Department: Operations Band 8A �50,952 - �57,349 per annum 37.5 hours per week . All MKUH roles will be considered for flexible working This post is Internal rotation covering 24 hrs/day
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent 8a Clinical Site Manager, and we are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our friendly hardworking team of Clinical Site Managers.
The Clinical Site Manager is responsible for the operational management of patient flow within the Trust and has 24-hour responsibility for driving excellence in patient flow to ensure the best possible experience for patients and staff. Both in and out of hours, the Clinical Site Manager provides on-site Senior Clinical Leadership and operational support to the Trust. They form part of the Command-and-Control structures for the Trust and are key in supporting the achievement of key quality indicators and Trust targets.
For further information and an informal visit please contact Julie Orr, Associate Chief Nurse, Operations & Safeguarding.
Telephone:01908 996675 Interview date 14 December 2023Main duties of the job
The Clinical Site Manager role is a busy, varied and very challenging one, requiring skill, resilience, and determination whilst delivering the highest standards of clinical and operational management, multidisciplinary working and leading site management. The role offers excellent development opportunities and combines both clinical and operational management which are key to any senior nursing role. The role requires excellent problem-solving skills combined with experienced decision-making abilities and an adaptable and flexible approach to a variety of situations.
Working with a team of Bed managers during the day the Clinical Site Manager ensures, efficient, appropriate, and timely admission and discharge of patients. They are responsible for external reporting and dealing with key stakeholders, both internal and external to the Trust
Working with the Night Nurse Practitioner team at night, the Clinical Site Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Trust site management at night with support from Silver and Gold on call, which would include safe and appropriate staffing, attending emergencies, responding to complaints, and dealing with the unexpected at all times.Please refer to the attached Job Description for further details.About us
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible workingopportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.
MKUH is committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and as such we offer a range of flexible working practices. We promote an inclusive workforce and encourage applications from applicants from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
MKUH uses identification scanning technology to confirm the authenticity of documents all prospective employees of MKUH will have their original documents verified using this technology.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Support the delivery of key local and national performance standards within the Trust including the Emergency department 4-hour quality standards, elective targets and quality improvement targets for discharge and transfers.
Managing the capacity and flow of emergency patients from admission through the emergency department and the surgical/medical assessment units.
Ensure the management of the Clinical Site and Bed Management across the Trust daily throughout a 24-hour period.
Communicate the Trust escalation status in conjunction with the Head of Clinical Services and support the Trust wide response daily.
Work with wards, divisions, and Nursing teams to ensure safe and effective patient pathways are maintained daily.
Work with the Head of Clinical Services, Clinical and Discharge teams, managers, and Executives to manage capacity throughout the day to maintain both emergency and elective patient pathways. Supporting the elective referral to treatment patient pathways for all specialities.
We invite applications from experienced Registered Nurses who have extensive clinical and management experience at a senior level in an acute hospital setting and who would like to join a well-established team of highly motivated and committed Clinical Site managers at Milton Keynes University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. You must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work under pressure with proven leadership skills and the ability to manage relationships with staff at all levels.Person SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Masters Level qualification or equivalent experience
- Management qualification/ leadership course/ experience
- Significant clinical experience and experience of managing staff at senior nurse level
- Significant experience of operational management
- Experience and knowledge in managing elective and emergency capacity
- Evidence of multi-disciplinary working
- Experience of implementing change successfully
- Experience of site management
Personal and people developmentEssential
- Proven ability to gain the respect and achieve highly constructive working relationships with a wide range of clinicians
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills with a range of clinicians
- Evidence of personal insight, and willingness to learn and change personal style/approach as appropriate
- Evidence of ability to build and develop a multidisciplinary team
- Maintains constructive working relationships at all levels and disciplines
- Ability to achieve demanding tasks and objectives against deadlines
- Ability to analyse and interpret high volumes of data/information and formulate solutions
- Ability to manage self and maintain professional conduct during difficult situations
- Exemplary personal standard of conduct and behaviour and ability to act as a role model encouraging others to value and respect staff and stakeholders and holds others to account for this
- Demonstrate self-awareness and impact on others
- Positive and optimistic, displaying confidence and exhibiting a presence and motivation
- Demonstrable leadership skills and an ability to motivate
- Passion and drive for improvement for patients, staff and the organisation
- Integrity and a reputation for honesty and trustworthiness
- Ability to communicate complex messages across groups of staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work cooperatively across various staff groups
- Skilled in report writing for presentations to Board/reviews
- High standards of verbal and written communication skills and highly numerate able to analyse reports and complex data sets
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Operations Directorate (Dept)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.