An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Senior Manager and Leader within Substance Misuse Services. The successful applicant will support teams throughout North Wales and will be an integral member of the Senior Leadership Team.
We are looking for a highly experienced individual with the ability to act independently and on their own initiative who has a passion for driving improvements in the quality and safety of patient care.
This role will be key in providing management, leadership, development and support of the Substance Misuse Teams, working closely with the Clinical Operations Manager.
Significant budget management skills as well as excellent people and staff management are critical, including the ability to work within multi-disciplinary and multi-agency services and 3rd sector to drive improvements in patient care.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational leadership and management of the Substance Misuse Service Teams across the counties of North Wales. Providing direct line management of the Team Managers, and services to patients in accordance with agreed objectives, targets, quality standards, controls and resource constraints.
The post holder will ensure a high standard of care and treatment for patients and work with colleagues and other agencies to provide support which best meets a patients' needs.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualifications and / or KnowledgeEssential
- Registered health or social care professional / AHP
- Master's degree or professional qualification in Nursing/ health or social care related subject or working towards with completion in three years or equivalent experience
- Significant relevant experience in a managerial post
- Track record of significant continuous professional and management development
- Leadership training or equivalent experience
- Post-graduate management qualification
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Demonstrates enthusiasm towards teaching and sharing knowledge
- Up to date in all current issues related to professional mental health practice and health/social care service management
- Experience in providing direct care for those with mental health conditions
- Assertive and confident in approach
- Ability to provide formal teaching development to staff/colleagues.
- Good research knowledge and ability to build research capacity in others
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with good listening skills
- High level of work organisation, self- motivation, drive for performance and improvement, and flexibility in approach and attitude
- Strong sense of commitment to openness, honesty and integrity in undertaking the role.
Other relevant RequirementsEssential
- Management Skills
- Proven ability to analyse complex problems and to develop and successfully implement practical and workable solutions to address them
- Ability to think and plan strategically, tactically and creatively, and to prioritise work programs in the face of competing demands
- A strong sense of personal and Team accountability coupled to a clear understanding of the boundaries around delegated authority
- Ability to collaborate constructively with internal and external partners to create the conditions for successful partnership working
- A good understanding of the changing NHS/Social Care environment.
- Financial Management
- Leadership Skills
- Experience of managing a broad range of staff
- Knowledge of staff management processes
- Strong sense of commitment to openness, honesty and integrity in undertaking the role
- Ability to prioritise
- Advanced decision making skills
- Sound political judgement and thorough understanding of working with complex policy and diverse interest groups
- Have the ability to know when, and with whom, to escalate and brief on critical issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Acts in a way that is consistent with legislation, policies and procedures and abide by relevant Health and Safety policies
- Good knowledge and experience of risk and clinical governance
- Multi-professional problem solving in teams
- Strategy and policy development
- Ability to think and plan strategically, tactically and creatively
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with all professional disciplines
- Ability to analyse complex clinical issues/problems, identify necessary action and make recommendations and follow these through
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Managing quality improvement development programmes within a multi- professional environment
- Able to set and monitor standards of care that ensure this is delivered to an exceptional standard
- Experience of Equal Opportunity policies and procedures
- Ability to identify and take action when own or other's undermines equality and diversity
- Advanced computer skills including knowledge of databases, spreadsheets
- Presentation skills to include communicating complex and sensitive information to large groups
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.