This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to develop specialist Band 6 skills within a small and supportive team. We are looking for a self- motivated, friendly and enthusiastic Speech and Language Therapist to join our established Children's Therapy Team in North East Lincolnshire. You will primarily work within our Mainstream schools settings. This is an ideal opportunity to start as this service is being developed in partnership with our Local Authority with opportunity to shape how this service will develop.
We are a small but dynamic multi professional team comprised of Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics and Speech and Language Therapy. The team is based in the community within Scunthorpe.
Your job will be to provide specialised Speech and Language assessment and management of children with EHCP's in Mainstream settings who have a diverse range of communication difficulties including AAC. You will also have a key role in establishing, developing and delivering training packages for school staff in order to better support them in delivery of programmes. As part of this role you will be expected to provide line management to registered and non registered staff.Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for providing a specialist assessment, management and interventions for children and young people with a range of communication difficulties including more complex needs across a range of settings. This will include supporting children and young people with SLCN with a Functional impact, DLD, AAC and Language Disorder with associated biomedical conditions and Speech sound disorders.
- To work within outpatient and community settings, homes and schools.
- To be responsible for providing a high quality specialist service to children and young people with more complex communication impairments. To provide specialist advice and support the assessment and early identification/prevention of SLCN
- To develop and deliver training as appropriate for colleagues, carer's, other professionals and Speech and Language Therapists.
- To assist the Operational Lead and Team leads in planning and developing the service. To provide second opinions where appropriate to junior colleagues. To contribute to information and data collection for quarterly reporting for commissioners and to monitor information relevant to own area of the service
- To support, facilitate and educate families and other professionals in supporting needs of a child/ young person with communication difficulties across a range of settings.
We're a large organisation with three hospitals located in Scunthorpe, Grimsby and Goole. We also provide community services in North Lincolnshire. Our 6,500 members of staff care for and support a population of more than 400,000 people.
We encourage all our staff to innovate and adopt 'best practice' so we can deliver excellent care to our patients. We ask staff to live our values kindness, courage and respect.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us. You could be one of them.
To learn more about Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust, and discover the unique benefits on offer to employees, view our latest videos, plus more, please visit our recruitment website at https://joinnlag.co.uk/
Should we receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, the advert may be closed earlier than stated. To view a full job description and person specification please see attachments on this advert.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Recruitment & Workforce team will use and hold your personal data for the intended purpose and in line with the Recruitment & Workforce Privacy Statement.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children/vulnerable adults and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are committed to creating and maintaining a fair and supportive working environment and culture, where contributions are fully recognised and valued by all and staff feel empowered to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities. As employers we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our staff. This underpins our values as set out in the NHS Constitution, supports us to be an Employer of Choice and ultimately enables our employees to support the effective care of our patients.
We strongly value the different perspectives and ideas a diverse workforce brings to deliver better outcomes for our patients. We welcome applications irrespective of peoples age, disability, sex, gender identity and gender expression, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- oHCPC Registration
- oDegree/ MSC in Speech and Language Therapy
- oPost graduate study in appropriate clinical areas e.g. MSc modules in Paediatrics
- oMembership of Paediatric Specialist Group
- oRelevant accredited courses related to clinical areas in paediatric Speech and Language Therapy
- oWide range of CPD activities, esp. related to specialist area
- oPost graduate cleft palate/DLD or SSD training
- oPost graduate experience in Speech and Language Therapy across a range of Paediatric clinical areas relevant to the post
- oExperience of working with at least one more complex clinical pathway
- oExperience of working with other professionals e.g. schools, pre-school settings
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oClinical experience as Autonomous practitioner for management of complex clinical paediatric clinical pathways relevant to the post
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Diana Princess of Wales Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.