This is an exciting opportunity to join the Alcohol Care Service across Cwm Taf Morgannwg which is expanding into a 7 day service, due to funding from the National Value Based Health Care Programme. There are three, 37.5 hours, permanent posts available across Cwm Taf Morgannwg. This post will be based in Bridgend area and the Princess of Wales Hospital. If you have experience of alcohol misuse, treatments and issues then we are looking to hear from you.
The purpose of this role is to provide person centred care, prompt support, advice, and education to the general wards to build knowledge and skills of staff within these settings in the care and treatment of patients for alcohol related admissions.
The post holder will provide autonomous clinical and specialist professional advice and consultation to other clinical staff within associated specialist areas as appropriate. They will work with a degree of autonomy and provide specialist assessments and advice on specialist care provision for patients with highly complex needs secondary to alcohol related pathology.
Everyday will bring new challenges and we are looking for someone who has a passion for training and delivery of brief interventions, health education, advice and information. You will need to have a genuine empathy for our patients.Main duties of the job
To be responsible and accountable for providing a high standard of nursing care within a multi-agency and working in partnership with other service providers and specifically to deliver on the following key areas:
- Carry out specialist assessment of patients with highly complex needs as a result of alcohol misuse.
- Refer on to appropriate agencies depending on the outcome of the specialist assessment process.
- Provide specialist education for primarily medical and nursing staff regarding alcohol related pathology up to educational level 6/7 (Masters) standard.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to ensure the most appropriate package of care for patients who have been discharged from hospital.
- Provide appropriate specialist interventions according to the assessment
- Provide specialist consultation and guidance with other services and departments to ensure the care plan meets complex and frequently highly complex patient needs.
- Provide supervision and day to day management of the band 4 associate practitioners
- Ensure that all documentation and data collection is in keeping with Local Health Board, NMC and Welsh Government protocol.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see 'JD' attached to this advert for roles and responsibilities for a Band 6 Alcohol Liaison Nurse or click 'apply now' to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Registration
- Possess clinical experience and specialist knowledge within the field of substance misuse and gastroenterology.
- Qualification in Substance Misuse or therapies applicable to substance misuse
- Nurse Prescriber
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary settings.
- Ability to work unsupervised and also as a member of a Team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- IT Skills, knowledge of computer software and applications.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Princess of Wales
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.