An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, motivated Band 6 paediatric dietitian to join our dynamic and friendly paediatric department. You will provide a specialist paediatric dietetic service in liaison with the clinical lead Dietitians. This post covers paediatric dietetic outpatient work and you must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the management of patients in this specialist area of dietetics.Main duties of the job
You will be covering paediatric out-patients where you will see a diverse range of paediatric patients e.g. allergies, faltering growth, general feeding issues, micronutrient deficiencies as well as children who are overweight or obese. There is also an exciting opportunity to develop a paediatric weight management service. You will be expected to liaise with our community teams to provide continuity of care for patients and their families. In this role you will have the opportunity to develop your clinical skills within paediatric dietetics, with support and training in a range of paediatric specialties in particular complex paediatric allergies and diabetes. You will be actively encouraged to get involved in local audits, service evaulations and quality improvement projects.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Recognised Degree and/or postgraduate diploma
- HCPC registered (Dietitian).
- Evidence of ongoing CPD
- BDA Paediatric Modules 1-5
- Recent post graduate dietetic experience or equivalent and to also include experience in an acute setting
- Evidence of paediatric workplace shadowing
- Experience of being involved in audit
- Experience of clinical supervision of students
- Experience of working in paediatric dietetics
- Nutritional assessment techniques.
- Use of dietary assessment software.
- Ability to work as a team member and autonomously as a specialist within department guidelines.
- Computer literacy including email, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Behaviour change knowledge and skills
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.