IT Support Technician NHS Pay Band 5 -�28,407 - �34,581 per annum + on call Hours: 37.5 hours per week, all MKUH roles will be considered for flexible working
An urgent requirement has arisen to recruit an experienced IT Support Technician for Milton Keynes Hospital.
As an IT Support Technician you will provide an exceptional level of second line support, taking ownership of incidents and providing a high level of first time fix wherever possible or escalating accordingly.
The role is predominantly user facing but also involves support via telephone, e-mail and the use of remote management software and includes out of hours on call duties
This exciting opportunity necessitates the following technical abilities:
Interview: w/c 18.12.23Main duties of the job
- A high level of IT Literacy with Microsoft products - specifically Windows 10 & 11, Office 365, Active Directory, InTune and Microsoft Azure
- The ability to troubleshoot PC, Operating System and application related problems through to resolution
- Knowledge of Support Packages including Service Management tools (Freshservice) and Remote Access tools such as Remote Assistance, Quick Assist , Real VNC.
- Experience of working in ITIL led environments would be a distinct advantage as would certification in MCDS
To provide a high quality, responsive and comprehensive Desktop Support service, incorporating support for all Trust staff as well as support for NHS Milton Keynes staff on occasions. All support activities are to be provided during the core operational hours of 08:00-17:00.
The post holder will be required to provide support by visiting the user where necessary in order to provide timely resolution to logged incidents ensuring SLAs are met and typically exceeded.
Other responsibilities may include management of the Trusts' IT assets, IT Security, Network administration and supportAbout us
You can expect a warm welcome at Milton Keynes University Hospital, our staff are friendly and welcoming. We listen to each other and work together to embed our Trusts values and behaviours. At MKUH we appreciate our staff and reward them with an outstanding benefits package including:
- Free on-site parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Great flexible workingopportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Lease car scheme
- Generous annual leave and pension scheme
- On site nursery (chargeable)
- Extensive staff health and well-being programme
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, in partnership with the University of Buckingham, is a University Teaching Hospital we conduct research and teaching on site to improve the care of our patients. The hospital is undergoing significant investment, and we are proud to be rated good by the CQC. Visit our website to catch up on our latest news.
MKUH is committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and as such we offer a range of flexible working practices. We promote an inclusive workforce and encourage applications from applicants from all backgrounds.
We reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
MKUH uses identification scanning technology to confirm the authenticity of documents all prospective employees of MKUH will have their original documents verified using this technology.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesSupport operations
The post holder will be responsible for delivery of an IT Support service to all Trust staff. In this capacity the post holder will be responsible for undertaking established and routine activities associated with Desktop support operations as directed by the Desktop Support Manager. Applications
The post holder will be expected to support a wide range of applications which includes but is not limited to a Patient Administration System/Electronic Patient Record (PAS/EPR), Pathology System and a Radiology System through to an Office suite and our internally developed applications. Youll be expected to have, or develop your own understanding of these applications to a high level, allowing you to provide an excellent support service for staff. Hardware
The post holder will be expected to provide expert support in all areas of hardware which may include, but not be limited to, desktop PCs, printers, laptops, mobile devices, other peripherals etc.
You will be expected to provide hardware support and work through sometimes complex problems to resolution. Prompt diagnosis and repair/replacement of faulty equipment is required to ensure Trust staff are able to work effectively and unhindered. Communication
Effective and timely communications is an essential activity of the role and the IT Support Technician will require excellent inter-personal and written and verbal communication skills. Training
The post holder will understand the importance of training for both IT and non-IT staff and as such will be required to guide users through sometimes complex problems advising them of best practice and standard procedures. Service Improvement
The post holder will be expected to follow departmental and Trust SOPs, Policies and Procedures and will be required to provide feedback on IT service related items to ensure continual improvement of the IT Service. Please refer to the attached Job Description for more details on the role, responsibilities and on -call rota.Person SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- IT Related NVQ Level 3 or A Levels(or equivalent qualification/relevant experience)
- Degree or equivalent qualification/relevant experience
- Up to date IT technical qualifications e.g. MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, CCNA (or equivalent qualification/relevant experience
- Evidence of continual personal development
- Significant experience in the IT industry
- Sound understanding of current IT standards, capabilities and developments in desktop, network, server, storage and applications technology
- Demonstrable intermediate level knowledge and experience of installing and troubleshooting applications and operating systems in a Microsoft focused environment
- Intermediate level understanding of PC/Laptop security fundamentals
- Previous experience working in a Desktop support role
- Previous experience of using Service Desk Management Tools
- Previous experience of using Microsoft administration tools
Personal and people developmentEssential
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to form excellent relationships and influence and negotiate effectively in order to deliver results and commitment to customer service
- Commitment to continuous professional development personally
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to remain calm and composed in high pressure situations
- Self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines with a flexible approach to work
- Able to form good working relationships with staff in the Trust and partner organisations
- Willing to develop own skills and knowledge
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment where continuous interruptions and re-prioritisation of workload is to be expected
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to communicate effectively to both clinical and non-clinical staff at all levels throughout the organization
- Requires excellent communication skills both verbal and written and have the ability to communicate effectively, both formally and informally to all levels of staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to perform the duties of the post with reasonable aids and adaptations
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
IT Technical Services (Dept)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.