We expect you entered the healthcare profession as you wanted to have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives and lifestyles of a group of people who have often neglected their own mental health and well-being.
Working within prison healthcare gives you the opportunity to make this difference to a group of people who traditionally have had high psychiatric and social morbidity but have also faced multiple barriers to accessing appropriate healthcare.
An exciting opportunity has been created for a Nurse Non-Medical Prescriber working in a full-time position within our Substance Misuse Services.
Based at HMP Nottingham you will be part of a high motivated and skilled team who provide integrated healthcare (physical healthcare, mental health and substance misuse services) to around 1000 patients. This post is eligible for a Golden Hello payment of �2,750 for new starters who are external to the Trust. This is payable in 3 instalments over a 2 year period. This payment is only eligible to new starters who do not already hold a contract of employment with the Trust. This post also includes paid enhancements for unsocial hours working during night, weekends and bank holidays.Main duties of the job
The post holder will need to hold a qualification as a Non-Medical Prescriber and will be undertaking independent prescribing practice working alongside the medical team at HMP Nottingham
The post holder will be expected to provide assessment and treatment, including the prescribing of medications. The role will focus on working in the Substance Misuse Service alongside the Service Manager, reviewing and adjusting opiate substitute medication as part of the prescribing practice through the use of the clinical management plan.
The post holder will be an experiencedNon-medical Prescriber with specialist knowledge in substance misuse and be able to provide advice to GPs andother relevant professionals and service users on opiate substitute medication and symptomatic relief.
The post holder will contribute to governance and audit, ensuring that service delivery focuses on the quality agenda and that dignity, privacy and respect is afforded at all times to service users.
The post holder needs to have an understanding of all aspects of security and safety consistent with working within a custodial framework.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
In line with NHS protocols, only those applicants who demonstrate clearly how they meet our person specification will be shortlisted for interview. We regret that it is not possible to contact all applicants for every vacancy. If you have not been contacted within 4-6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted for the next stage.
We reserve the right to close any vacancies from further submissions, when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. Please ensure you apply without delay if you wish to be considered for this role. We are an employer committed to Equal Opportunities and Diversity. Our DBS check is free, you have no fees to pay!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualification as a Non-Medical Prescriber
- RN Level 1
- RCGP, Substance misuse pathway
- Teaching and Assessing Qualification
- Certificate/Diploma in Counselling
- Proven experience of working within integrated services
- A good knowledge of evidence based psychosocial interventions
- Experience of Nurse Led substance misuse Triage, a good knowledge of substance misuse disorders and the ability to establish therapeutic alliance with patients
- Experience of working in criminal justice setting
- Experience of close working relationships with a variety of statutory agencies and other external organisations
- Proven ability to influence practice and implement change
- Experience of teaching and development of staff
- Participation in policy development and role enhancement
- Experience with identifying audit requirements and audit programmes
- Understanding of National and Local Agendas
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Excellent report writing skills
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and Risk
- Broad range of enhanced clinical skills
Trust Values and BehavioursEssential
- Participation in business planning
- Knowledge of a prison environment and the issues specific to that setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and how it applies to their role. The Trust's expectations are highlighted within our EDI Policy, and associated EDI and Human Rights legislation
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Perry Road, Sherwood
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.