The District Nursing Service in East Lancashire is currently recruiting into the Night Nursing (Out of Hours) Team.
The post holder will contribute a high level of skilled nursing care to patients within the community setting. They will be responsible for assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of care and will work across East Lancashire overnight to support our 24 hour nursing service. Successful applicants will be equipped to work effectively in the night nursing team however rotation into the day teams can be considered, and some initial training will take place during the day.
The post holder must demonstrate professional standards of practice and personal qualities and behaviours as expected by the NMC Code and be passionate about high quality patient care. They will need to be able to problem solve and adapt to change, know when to seek support and guidance, and ensure the delivery of safe, personal and effective care. We are looking for nurses with a commitment to delivering evidence based care, and a strong desire to make their career in District Nursing.
12 month Post-Reg desirable.
Various hours available to be discussed at interview.Main duties of the job
Assists the Clinical Team Leader/Team Sister in the co-ordination and delivery of care in line with District Nursing Strategy nationally and locally.
- You will visit several patients daily in their own homes
- You will provide high quality nursing care to a range of patients with varying healthcare needs.
- Provide a high standard of holistic assessment and care planning.
- You will be expected to provide wound management, health promotion, medicines management, end of life care
- You will have the ability to work contracted hours rotationally across day and night shifts, as reasonably required by the needs of the service
The post holder must demonstrate professional standards of practice and personal qualities and behaviours as expected by the NMC Code and be passionate about high quality patient care. They will need to be able to problem solve and adapt to change, know when to seek support and guidance, and ensure the delivery of safe, personal and effective care. We are looking for nurses with a commitment to delivering evidence-based care, and a strong desire to make their career in District Nursing.
Car driver with access to a vehicle is essentialAbout usEstablished in 2003, East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust (ELHT) is a large integrated health care organisation providing high quality acute and community healthcare for the people of East Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen. The organisation puts safety and quality at the heart of everything we do, invests in and develops its workforce, works with key stakeholders to develop effective partnerships and encourages innovation and pathway reform to deliver best practice. We employ over 8,000 staff, many of whom are internationally renowned and have won awards for their work and achievements. The District Nursing Service provides a supportive environment and provides staff with many professional development opportunitiesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading.
You can also find out more information by visiting our Trust website www.elht.nhs.uk and by watching the videos within the below link
- Professional qualification - RGN
- Car driver with access to a vehicle
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Multi-disciplinary working
- Experience of community working
- Good communication skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the service and work independently
- Knowledge of Professional and NHS issues
- Clinical knowledge and skills
- Able to deputise in the absence of the Senior Nurse
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to adapt to change
- Organisational skills
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Ward 20 - OOH District Nursing Team
Burnley General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.