Wrightington, Wigan & Leigh NHS Trust would like to offer you the opportunity to join our Paediatric Outpatients Department. We are seeking a proactive, enthusiastic NMC Registered Children's Nurse to join the WWL family on our friendly Paediatric Outpatients Department.
To undertake this post, you must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle. Should you not meet this requirement due to a disability, you are of course able to apply and a discussion regarding whether reasonable adjustments could be made to the role would take place before any offer is confirmed.
Previous applicants need not applyMain duties of the job
The role involves being an active member of the Multi-disciplinary team supporting in the delivery of all aspects of Child and Family Centred Care and accept responsibility and accountability for the performance outcomes. To deliver individualised high quality care. Development of self to meet the evolving needs of the service, ensuring efficient and effective use of all resources.About usChoose Well - Choose WWL
Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust are the proud providers of acute hospital and community services to the people of the Wigan Borough and surrounding areas. At WWL, we value our staff believing that 'happy staff, makes for happy patients'. We have a recognised track record in staff engagement, and living our values 'the WWL Way'.
WWL are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do, and in the provision of safe, effective care that acknowledges and ensures dignity. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit people who share our values and beliefs.
Please note that senior positions (AFC band 8A or above) may be expected to participate in an on-call rota, if the role is predominantly operational.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Identifying what is required of self and others in delivering individualised family centred care in partnership with the child & family
- Developing competencies in self which safeguard practice and effectiveness in role. Ensuring compliance with NMC Code of Conduct.
- Participation in the effective use of allocated resources/funding.
- Demonstrating awareness of and participation in development to meet demands and adapt to the changing needs of the service.
- Empowering self and colleagues to creatively meet professional and organisational objectives.
- Promoting safe systems, which assure all aspects of risk reduction, complaint with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the agenda for Clinical Governance.
- Deputise for the ward/departmental manager.
- Actively participate as bleep holder for Child Health as delegated by Matron or her deputy
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Speak English to an appropriate standard relevant to their role, i.e. with confidence and accuracy, using correct sentence structures and vocabulary, and without hesitation.
- To undertake this post, you must be able to drive and have access to a vehicle. Should you not meet this requirement due to a disability, you are of Page 2 of 2 course able to apply and a discussion regarding whether reasonable adjustments could be made to the role would take place before any offer is confirmed.
- Evidence of up to date underpinning theoretical knowledge
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge within chosen clinical field
- Specialist clinical skills within paediatric field
- Particiapation in research/audit
- Proven record of change management
- Evidence of undertaken research/audit
- Demonstrate ability as professional role model.
- Experience in field of paediatrics
- RSCN / RN Child
- Current NMC registered Children's Nurse
Employer detailsEmployer name
- TDLB D32/33
- ENB 998/CG7307
- Degree or studying towards one
Wrightington Wigan & Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Albert Edward Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.