Looking for a new direction, have just or soon be qualifying this could be the right role for you to kick off the next stage of your nursing career! Prison nursing is both challenging & rewarding, where no two days are the same!
CNWL NHS Foundation Trust is a Top Employer Award Winner & works in partnership to provide responsive & dependable primary care, mental health, intellectual disability & substance misuse services to the diverse & culturally rich communities.
In our quest to deliver patient-focused quality care we are looking to recruit highly motivated, innovative & enthusiasticPrimary CareStaff Nurses
to join our forward thinking, friendly and expandingHealth & Justice
team across our cluster of Surrey Prisons.
By joining our Prisons Health Care Team, you will not only look after the healthcare needs of our patients residing in secure environments, but who also have the opportunity to have a real impact on promoting health & well-being.
Our motto isCaring NOT Judging
so by working in partnership with the criminal justice system & other agencies, we provide responsive, dependable & high-quality primary care & mental health services to those who may have offended & those at risk of offending in the communities we serve, to improve their health status & to encourage social inclusion.Main duties of the job
Staff working within Primary Care will:
- Provide an accessible individual patient assessment, treatment and referral service
- Monitor the ongoing health status of patients and address identified issues
- Work with patients to influence the impact on their health arising from current lifestyle patterns/choices
- Implement effective discharge plans for transfer or release locations
- Co-ordinate multi-disciplinary clinical practice to provide focused integrated care and treatment programmes/packages.
- Work collaboratively with staff of other disciplines e.g. officers and governors to provide integrated and coordinated treatment plans.
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust offers its staff ongoing career progression through:
- Monthly supervision
- Annual personal development plans/appraisals
- Access to exciting internal and external training opportunities.
Excellent progression through various career pathway opportunities such as but not limited to:
- Preceptorship Programme
- Support and guidance with Revalidation
- Hidden Gem and annual award ceremonies
Excellent staff benefits, our benefit packages are amongst the best in London and include:
- Health and wellbeing services
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Relocation package
The trust alsovalues its staff and you are entitled to become a member of MyTrustBenefits. MyTrustBenefits is an online portal for all CNWL staff, as well as their family and friends. It offers over 1400 discounts at hundreds of retailers nationwide. Save money on your weekly food shops, toiletries, cosmetics, cinema, meals out, holidays, travel and entertainment. You can also access free online courses on a variety of topics, professional and personal, ranging from business management, languages, law and teaching.
All of our sites in Surrey offer free use of the onsite leisure facilities and free parking for staff.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see full job description and personal specification for full list of responsibilities':
Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Triage patient needs in accordance with specific standard operating procedures and national policy e.g. NICE guidance
- Assess, plan and implement care for patients within each care/treatment pathway in order to promote wellbeing
- Facilitate the use of evidence based practice to ensure that clinical care is both effective and appropriate
- Carry out general nursing duties
- Maintain contemporaneous records
- Support and make a professional contribution to the development of integrated healthcare
- Act as a preceptor/mentor in accordance with experience
- Registered Nurse Adult
- Numeracy skills required for the safe administration of medicines
- Evidence of relevant Continuous Professional Development
Skills and knowledgeEssential
- Previous experience of working in Primary Care services either as a Band 5 Nurse or a Student Nurse
- Able to communicate with the multi-disciplinary team, present cases, take note of actions, update others in the team and use handover effectively.
- Maintaining accurate, timely, concise and legible clinical records both electronic and handwritten
- Able to talk to people about sensitive issues in a supportive manner but also challenge others assertively where necessary
- Able to maintain patient records
- Care planning: able to assess patients, develop, implement and evaluate a care plan
- Empowering and working in partnership
- Safeguarding and advocacy
- Understanding how the Mental Health Act impacts on their work and the patients they are working with
- Understanding their role in improving safety, clinical outcomes and the patient experience
- Infection control
- Medicines management and administration
- Communicating effectively
- Mentor, teach and support others in the team
- Supervise others in the team
- Contribute to a positive culture in the team, enabling it to be inclusive
Attitudes, aptitudes, personal characteristicsEssential
- oWound care management oClinical triage oEar care oVenepuncture oChronic Disease Management oSmoking cessation oCervical screening
- Be a role model and embody CNWL's values - Caring
- Respectful of others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The post holder must have the ability to understand and implement the equal opportunities policy at a level appropriate to the job.
- Ability to promote anti-discriminatory and anti-racist practices.
- Ability to promote and work in line with the working model of a 7 day a week service.
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.