An opportunity has arisen for a well-motivated Audiologist to join our friendly Audiology team based at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHS Foundation Trust.
Applicants must possess a BSc in Audiology or equivalent, and experience of working within a NHS hearing aid service is essential thesuccessful candidate will assist in the provision of audiology services providing diagnostic support to the ENT department and a comprehensive hospital and community rehabilitation service across West Norfolk.
We are a friendly and forward-thinking team and encourage personal development, providing training as required.
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to hear from you!Main duties of the job
- Communicate to patients, including older children, adults, and the elderly and also their relatives, as appropriate, relevant test procedures and instructions, results and information relating to rehabilitation, and to be aware and sensitive to patient / relative emotional support needs.
- Provide specialised individual care plans for patients who require hearing rehabilitation.
- Use persuasive and communication skills, when required, to persuade individuals on a particular course of action which is likely to improve their outcome, or counsel patients / relatives to curb unrealistic expectations.
- Ensure all activities within clinical areas are carried out competently in accordance with national and local standards, policies, and procedures.
- Use computer-based assessment / audiology patient management system to perform assessments and accurately record all patient activities including the recording of test results, rehabilitation and liaising with referrers as necessary.
- Perform routine hearing assessments for GP's and other health professionals, perform routine diagnostic audiological investigations and rehabilitation in patient homes.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) King's Lynn is located near some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK, along the north Norfolk coast, and not far from Sandringham House.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialist, acute, obstetrics and community-based healthcare services to around 331,000 people across west and north Norfolk, in addition to parts of Breckland, Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire.
We have more than 4,000 staff and volunteers, approximately 530 beds, and a helipad for air ambulances. We work with neighbouring hospitals for the provision of tertiary services, including as part of regional partnership and network models of care, such as the trauma network.
In February 2022 the significant progress that has been made at QEH was recognised by the Care Quality Commission who rated the Trust as 'Good' in all of the core services they inspected. They recommended the Trust moves out of the recovery support system (formerly special measures).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the Job Description and Person Specification for further information about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registration Council for Clinical Professions registered
- BTEC (Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement)
- BSc Audiology
- British Association of Audiology Technicians Full Membership
Skills, Abilities and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of using a computer based system for the diagnostic measurement of hearing loss and hearing rehabilitation
- Experience of performing routine hearing assessments for GP's and other health professionals and performing routine diagnostic audiological investigations and rehabilitation in patient homes.
- Competent at fitting a full range of NHS and commercial hearing aids.
- Knowledge of the routine range of audiological testing.
- Knowledge of the routine range of audiological rehabilitation techniques.
- Able to communicate effectively with and gain the cooperation of children and adults of all ages and abilities
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Good time management skills
- Ability to motivate oneself and team members
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of current NICE and other relevant guidelines
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHSFTAddress
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.