Alcohol excess plays a significant role in a wide array of health and social care needs. Consequently this impacts and imposes a burden on the whole health economy.
A significant and rising number of patients with alcohol related problems attend our Emergency Departments which, for NCIC, includes 81% presenting via our ambulance services. Many may subsequently be admitted. There is a high re-attendance and readmission rate and we have a higher than average alcohol related mortality.
Consequently there is a case for improvement in the provision of alcohol related services and better coordination of care together with our community providers.
The North East and North Cumbria ICS support the development of alcohol services and NCIC have made a successful bid for funding to support Alcohol Care Teams. They invite us to join with colleagues within our ICS to pledge support for the development of services to address this pressing need.Main duties of the job
To work with colleagues across the Trust to share and develop training packages/plans/resources for the assessment, management and referral of patients with alcohol related problems.
Assist the delivery of learning which support clinical staff to develop skills in the assessment and management of alcohol related problems.
The Clinical Practice Educator will be based within the Acute Alcohol Team (ACT). They will support the continuing education, training and professional development of the clinical workforce to promote the acquisition of skills and knowledge in the care of patients with alcohol related ill health.
The ACT support all departments within the Trust to maintain and develop professional standards when caring for patients with alcohol related illness.About us
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money well
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Across the North East and North Cumbria we are working together to deliver our ambition to be the greenest region in England by 2030. There is an expectation for all staff to support this by familiarising yourself with the Trust's sustainability initiatives such as waste and recycling, going paperless, videoconferencing, sustainable transport and others.
We encourage you to think about what you can do as an individual and within your team to contribute in to embedding carbon reduction into the everyday running of our organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our Policy for eligible vacancies
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
email@example.com or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: �18 + Administration cost of �3.85 = �21.85. Deducted at �6.85 from 1st month salary and �5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: �38 + administration cost of �3.90 = �41.90. Deducted at �11.90 from 1st month salary and �10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27-day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oFirst level registered adult, children's nurse or midwife with current registration
- oRecognised training or teaching qualification or equivalent experience
- oEducated to degree level or working towards a degree or with relevant experience
- oCoaching and/or mentoring qualification
- oExperience of supporting and assessing learners and providing guidance to staff and managers regarding learning
- oExperience of delivering and evaluating learning programmes for diverse staff groups
- oExperience of working with groups and individuals from all backgrounds, across all disciplines in a variety of roles and settings
- oKnowledge of professional requirements related to supporting learners in practice
Skills and AptitudesEssential
- oEvidence of developing training packages (online and/or face to face)
- oData collection
- oExperience of delivering clinical supervision
- oGood communication and interpersonal skills
- oAbility to work as a member of a team
- oOrganisational skills
- oAbility to meet deadlines
- oAbility to demonstrate the compassionate values and behaviours needed for dignified care
- oCompetent in physical skills e.g. recording blood glucose, physiological observations etc.
- oAbility to work on own initiative and as a team member without supervision
- oBe aware and act in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct
- oDemonstrate ongoing professional development
- oAbility to plan and work to tight deadlines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oPresentation skills
- oChange management skills
- oAble to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.