We are delighted to have been successful at securing funding to roll out onemental health support teams to work with education establishments for 5-18 year olds across the County. The MHSTs will be multi-disciplinary and their work will be driven forward with the voice of young people, parents and education settings at the heart. We aspire to reduce inequalities and will offer dedicated support to some of our known more vulnerable young people such as those at risk of exclusion. For more details please request a copy of the funding bid.
The post holders will work within the MHST and be a vital part of the development of Children's Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner role within the teams , offering both clinical and caseload supervision, alongside delivering intervention at a high-quality; brief outcome focused evidence-based interventions for children and young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
The post holders will be supported to attend continuing professional development sessions and link in with the university training programme for current and future CPWP's.
Main duties of the job
New posts has arisen in our new Mental Health Support Teams within County Durham as Band 6 Senior Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner's.
Durham has a vibrant and passionate multi-agency approach to children and young people's mental health and wellbeing. Starting from the point of maintaining wellbeing and preventing mental ill health is critical to all our work, followed by aspiring to be able to offer effective support at the earliest opportunity if a young person requires it.
About us Durham & Darlington Locality
TEWV CAMHS services in County Durham have had both national and local recognition for their quality improvement work. This includes Nursing Times awards for Patient's Safety, Positive Practice Awards for Innovative Service Development along with gaining four making a difference awards. Key to our service transformation is engagement with young people; we have participation groups established and we are accredited with Investors in Children. We also work closely with parents and carers, co-facilitating a local parent group with a local community interest group; we are also accredited with County Durham Young Carers.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for further detailed information regarding the role and main responsibilities.
Additional contact details Blanche Kipling, Psychological Therapist firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike Turnbull, Clinical Supervisor email@example.com
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Post Graduate qualification in Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
- CBT Diploma qualification
- Deliver evidence based Low Intensity Intervention
- Providing clinical supervision
- Significant experience working with people with mental ill health in a care environment
- Experience working with Children and young people.
- Carrying out caseload management
- Demonstrable knowledge to post-graduate level of evidence - based intervention.
- Detailed understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice
- Understanding of psychological models of care and treatment.
- Research and development methodology
- Provide effective clinical supervision, caseload management, teaching, training and assessing in clinical practice.
- Provide leadership and monitor, co-ordinate and prioritise the activities of a team.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.