A vacancy has arisen for a permanent Band 6 Caseload Holder within South Wrexham Locality based in Chirk District Nursing Team. The successful applicant will need to have excellent communication skills with an ability to provide effective, high quality care.
The post holder will be responsible to Band 7 Team Leader.Main duties of the job
The post holder must hold a Community Specialist Practitioner qualification and be a registered Nurse Prescriber. Applications will also be considered from Community Nurses who are currently undertaking or willing to undertake their Specialist Practitioner qualification in District Nursing.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualifications and / or KnowledgeEssential
- NMC Registered first level nurse
- District Nursing / Certificate, diploma, degree or working towards
- Nurse prescribing qualification or working towards
- Evidence of ongoing education and professional development
- Mentorship and assessment training
- Management qualification e.g. ILM, RCN Leadership
- Community experience as Band 5 or equivalent
- Experience of working with patients who have acute / complex needs
- Varied clinical experience and multi disciplinary working
- Demonstrate ability to care and communicate with warmth and understanding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to continuous development
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Flexible approach to the needs of the service
- Demonstrate timely travel arrangements between patient's homes, clinics and surgeries
- Analytical skills and ability to interpret clinical signs
- Organisational skills
- Ability to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and delegate appropriately the delivery of care
- Supervise teach and assess registered and non-registered staff
- Provide mentorship and preceptorship as appropriate.
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the primary health care team and other agencies
- IT skills
- Awareness of the changing health agenda, which affects community practice
- Awareness of current research and its application to practice
- Knowledge and evidence of application of consent
- Knowledge of data protection and patient confidentiality
- Understanding of risk assessment and health and safety issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of undertaking audit
- Recognised qualification within an area of Chronic Conditions Management
- Ability to speak Welsh
- Awareness of the wider health agenda in which care is provided
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Castle Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.