We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Consultant psychiatrist to join us. He/she will form part of a high calibre consultant peer group in the heart of London and will work in an established multidisciplinary community mental health team in North Westminster.
We are inclusive and people focussed. We offer a range of development opportunities to build and expand consultant clinical and leadership portfolios both for newly qualified and established consultants. We welcome applications from candidates within 6 months of CCT.
Any interested candidates are welcome to contact Dr Sujaa Arokiadass, Clinical director for a discussion
*Job Description pending Royal College approval*Main duties of the job
This is a 10 PA full time substantive Consultant Psychiatrist role in North Westminster. The post is based in Regents Health Adult community mental health team in North Westminster at 7A Woodfield road, London W9 2NW.
The post holder will provide consultant clinical leadership for the team and will be clinical supervisor for a full time specialty doctor (1.0 wte) and a part time part time specialty doctor (0.5 wte). The post holder will report to Dr Sujaa Rajagopal Arokiadass, Clinical Director for Westminster mental health services. Lucy Cook is the Borough director and the operational lead. Out of hours on call duties include covering the inpatient base at St Charles hospital and Chelsea & Westminster A& E. There is a middle/second on call tier through higher trainees and first on call provision is provided by resident junior doctors (GPVTS, CTs). The post holder will be part of a fortnightly consultant peer group in Westminster.About us
The post sits within Jameson Division in CNWL, which holds mental health services within the inner London boroughs of Westminster and Kensington & Chelsea and the outer boroughs of Brent and Harrow.
Westminster adult mental health service provides a range of mental health services for adults across the age range within the community and in hospital settings. These are integrated health and social care services. Many services across the Boroughs of Westminster and Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea are now integrated because of the synergies of the two patches, with members of the senior management often having overarching responsibilities.
Community services in Westminster are evolving in line with the NHSE Long Term Plan. Most of the service is commissioned by Central London CCG and that part of community mental health services has undergone a transformation program and been redesigned as an integrated care partnership around the four Primary Care Networks (PCN) in the patch. Two mental health hubs provide an overarching structure in the North and the South of the borough respectively, within which there are functional groupings serving each PCN. The hubs' provision is all-inclusive - serving the whole continuum of mental health problems and containing within a single structure a wide range of professionals (see organogram below). In the North hub the two functional units are Regent's Health PCN team and St John's Wood PCN teamJob descriptionJob responsibilities
General Responsibilities: Provide senior medical advice and support as needed to the daily triage, multi-disciplinary and other regular clinical team meetings. Ensure with the team that all referrals are triaged daily and responded to in a timely way Assessment of new patients and clinical supervision of assessments carried out by other junior medical staff as indicated. Review complex needs patients to ensure appropriate care packages are put in place Mental Health Act related-work including Sec 12(2) and AC work Home visits to provide assessment and treatment services as a member of the CMHT Home mental health assessments in response to emergencies Occasional psychiatric assessments of residents who may be in crisis in another borough. Ensure that physical health needs are addressed Review and monitoring of the caseload to ensure appropriate care packages are put in place and discharges facilitated to maintain patient flow. Develop good working relationships with local GPs and other providers Provide mental health advice and support to GPs and primary care clinicians by surgery visits and other means, to assist patient management in the primary care setting Close liaison with the wards to facilitate admission and discharge planning. Liaison with CRHTT, Psychiatric Liaison Services, AMHP services and Forensic Services in the borough. Develop working relationships with local voluntary sector services in order to support and promote recover
Leadership responsibilities: Leadership role in the quality agenda: identifying areas for improvement and active engagement with QI Meet regularly with the team and local service managers to ensure quality, finance and performance targets are met Support recruitment and ensure optimal retention of team members Line management and clinical supervision of junior and higher trainees and specialty doctors in the team Teaching of medical students Engage in service developments Actively link and develop a relationship with the Primary Care Network(s) you are affiliated to, to respond to their developing needs and support the move towards more integrated care. Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNINGEssential
- Ability to use public transport (for travel to see patients if indicated).
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change.
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
North Westminster Mental Health Hub
7a Woodfield Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.