An exciting opportunity has come up for qualified diagnostic radiographers to join the MRI team at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London.
St Mary's hospital has recently installed a new state of the art Signa GE Artist 1.5T to complement our three other MR scanners. We are therefore looking for fresh and dynamic individuals to join the team to integrate this new service.
In this post, you will be trained to perform a diverse range of diagnostic MR procedures for both adults and paediatrics patients in outpatient, inpatient, and major trauma settings.
As a MRI radiographer you will be a key part of the Imaging team ensuring that our service user's needs are met through the delivery of high-quality care.Main duties of the job
- To assist in the provision of an efficient MRI service
- To peform MRI procedures according to Trust, Departmental and statutory regulations
-To work as part of a professional radiography team providing a high quality diagnostic service
-To maintain a sensitive and person-centric approach to our patients
-To develop and improve professional expertise via continuous professional development
-To maintain a safe working environment within the MRI departmentAbout us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- BSc(Hons) Radiography, DCR(D) Diploma of the College of Radiographers or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- Up to date knowledge of general imaging techniques
- Experience of working unsupervised
- Awareness of clinical governance issue in relation to patient care
- 3 years post-graduation experience
- Previous experience at Band 6 Level
- Experience of training staff and students
- Cross-sectional imaging experience (CT and/or MRI)
- Computer and keyboard skills
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills
- Ability to make prompt decisions based on knowledge, experience and circumstances
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of developments within the profession
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Basic teaching, counselling and supervisory skills
- IV injecting skills
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.