An opportunity has arisen for a permanent Band 6 Clinical (nurse) Specialists to join the South Camden Rehabilitation and Recovery Team.
The team is part of the Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust and is based in Kentish Town covering the diverse and vibrant South Camden catchment area.
We are a diverse and supportive
multi-disciplinary team providing intensive input to people with an established primary diagnosis of psychosis (schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder) or Bipolar Affective Disorder Type 1
We provide a range of interventions to support recovery including medication, psychological therapies, welfare rights advice, social care input, occupational therapy and employment support.
You will be working alongside:
OT's , Social Workers, Consultant Psychiatrists , Welfare Rights Specialists, Psychologists, Employment Specialists , Assistant Practitioners and Nursing Associates.
The team is constantly striving to improve its' systems and processes and there will be opportunities for the successful applicant to learn about and implement service improvements using the Quality Improvement (QI) framework.
We are committed to continued learning and professional development and support colleagues to identify opportunities for enhancing their skills and knowledge.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be a qualified nurse with experience of supporting individuals (and their families) with psychosis and Bipolar Affective Disorder in a community setting. You will be expected to provide strong nurse leadership, with an emphasis on care planning, partnership working and risk management.
The post will involve providing care coordination and nursing interventions to a defined caseload of service users as well as contributing to the team depot clinic and duty rotas.
The successful post holder must have a passion for delivering high quality care and for supporting, managing and improving nursing functions in the team, including improving the physical health outcomes for our service users.
Candidates will be well supported by the R& R Management Team, the Community Matron and the nursing Directorate.
For further details / informal visits contact:Louise Cantrell (Service Manager) on 020 3317 6431
Arinola Adelekan (Team Manager) on 020 3317 6435About us
At Camden and Islington NHS Foundation our staff and service users have worked closely to create a set of values that make sure people who use our services get the best possible chance of a rapid recovery.
We have 3 key priorities which are:
- Early and Effective Intervention,
- Helping People to Live Well
- Research and Innovation
The cultural pillars that help us achieve our key priorities are:
- We value each other
- We are empowered
- We keep things simple
- We are connected
By coming to work at Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust you will be joining a Trust with a national reputation for research, where services recognise that research underpins its commitment to providing high quality and innovative clinical care. The BEH and C& I Partnership
Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust and neighbouring Camden and Islington NHS Foundation are working together in a formal Partnership, with a single Chair, Chief Executive and Partnership Executive Team.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- We provide consistently high-quality care, closer to home
- With our partners in North London and each Borough we will ensure equity of outcome for all
- We create great places to work, providing staff with a supportive environment to deliver outstanding care
- We will be more effective as an organisation by pioneering research, Quality Improvement and technology
Working as a member of a multidisciplinary community Mental Health Team the post holder will be responsible for providing individual assessment, identified clinical interventions and direct care to service users with a primary diagnosis of psychosis. The team is looking to recruit an individual who can work autonomously within a multi-disciplinary team structure.
The post holder may also, on occasions, be requested to undertake management tasks, deputising for the Team manager as required, and will take a lead on mentoring and supervising others within their service area.
The focus of the role will be that of individual assessment, intervention and evaluation of treatment, delivered within the framework of NICE guidelines, evidence based best practice and to maximise service users recovery and re-enablement.
The post holder will be responsible for a defined caseload and they will formulate appropriate specific, highly specialist care and treatment plans providing highly skilled and specialist interventions and care to service users with complex mental health problems.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge base of health and psycho-social interventions for service users with a diagnosis of psychosis and complex needs. Team members benefit from a supportive team environment with clinical supervision, peer support and training.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Qualified and Registered Mental Health Nurse
- experience working within community mental health team
- Other advanced relevant training i.e. Mentoring /safeguarding / Phlebotomy etc.
- Demonstrable experience in a senior capacity caring for people with psychosis and complex needs in a community care setting.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of current Mental Health legislation and its application / use in practice or legislation relevant to team.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of utilising a variety of assessment tools currently used in practice in relation to determining risk and assessing / planning care needs
- Sound practical experience of patient / service user care and engagement within the wider context of the organisation
- oPractical experience of mentoring or supervising students and junior staff - including providing clinical supervision
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Mental Health legislation, its application and use in practice.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oCompleted reports for Mental Health review Tribunal Reports, Best interest Reports, Capacity assessments and Funding applications
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation TrustAddress
6 Peckwater Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.