We have an exciting role for a Band 6 RMN on our Older Adult Admission ward which is located on the Chase Farm Hospital Site in Enfield. Are you a dynamic, forward thinking Nurse, either in a junior management role or have the aptitude and skills to move into such a role? If the answer is yes to this then this could be the role for you. You must be able to demonstrate commitment and passion for older adult's mental health care and have the drive and ambition to provide safe, quality and patient centred care to our service users, families and their carers. The post holder will work closely with and deputise for the ward manager in their absence. The post holder will be a senior member of the ward nursing team, working closely with your other Band 6 colleague and providing a strong clinical presence to the unit and provide leadership, support, teaching and supervision to other junior members of the team. Ward rotation will be a requirement of the post holder with the Older Adults inpatient service. An informal visit to the ward is strongly encouraged. Further details / informal visits contact Mounir Bassou MHSOP Lead Nurse on 0208 702 3733Main duties of the job
- To participate as an effective member of the MDT and be responsible for the development and implementation of a patient centred approach to care: assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating the care needs of patients and their carers.
- To interpret the significance of clinical observations, act upon them and communicate information to other multi-disciplinary team members after making the necessary clinical judgements and in line with clinical protocols.
- To determine nursing priorities and plan patient care accordingly including full risk assessment, inform the Ward manager when changes in circumstances may affect standards of care.
- To meet the physical, psychological, social and cultural needs of the individual and their family, using research based knowledge and skills to maintain the individual's identity.
- To recognise the needs of the family/carers, ensuring their involvement in care where appropriate whilst offering support and education with empathy.
- To ensure that measurable high standards of nursing care are maintained and participate in the setting and review of standards and nursing audits and in supporting staff in delivering and achieving high standards of nursing care.
EHMHT is a multiple award-winning, combined mental health (MH) and community Trust providing local, regional and national healthcare services. We are one of the largest employers in North London with over 3000 staff delivering a range of mental health and community services to a population of over one million. In Enfield, we provide a full range of child and adult community health services, which over the last few years has been integrating with its mental health services to provide better and more holistic care.
BEH manages the renowned North London Forensic Services (NLFS) which delivers MH care across some of the prisons and provides MH services as HM Young Offenders Institutions in Aylesbury. We are rated as 'Outstanding' by the CQC. We have also been appointed as the lead provider of forensic mental health services across North London managing the devolved New Models of care budget of �170m from 2018/19. We also provide one of the largest eating disorder services in England, as well as drug and alcohol servicesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Please refer to the attached Job description and Person Specification for main responsibilities of the role.
PROFESSIONA L EXPERIENCEEssential
- RMN (NMC Registered Mental Health Nurse) ENB 998 or teaching equivalent
- Substantial post qualification experience.
- Experience of working within a specialist area of OlderAdults mental health nursing
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTESEssential
- Detailed knowledge of the Mental Health Act to be able to advise other staff in particular cases as required.
- Ability to implement Policies and Procedures, leading their implementation where appropriate.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to organise and prioritise own and others workload to balance clinical and other service priorities.
- Ability to negotiate and influence
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
Chase Farm Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.