We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Band 6 RMN Charge Nurse to join our lively and busy multi-disciplinary team on Kingsley ward.
Kingsley Ward is a 25 bedded acute mental health ward based in Winchester. On Kingsley ward we provide care and treatment to patients who are experiencing an acute mental health crisis and require a short period of hospital care.
Melbury Lodge is located close to the Solent Coast and the beautiful New Forest National Park and have excellent transportation links, either by rail (direct to Waterloo) and by road (M3/M27). Melbury lodge has on site parking for staff.
We are looking for appoint someone who is highly motivated leader, enthusiastic, flexible and resourceful. The successful applicant will be committed to supporting service users in their recovery by delivering person centered care.
Your main responsibilities are:
- To provide high standards of mental health care for patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care
- To work closely with all members of the multi professional team to ensure that patient’s mental health care needs are identified and managed appropriately
- To coordinate care packages in relation to patients mental health care needs
- To provide mental health education to patient’s and their carers
- To provide mental health education, where appropriate, to differing members of the MDT
- To develop individualised and collaborative care plans for patients
- To work collaboratively alongside patient’s carers and work within the triangle of care model
- To be an active part of the ward leadership team and provide monthly supervision to colleagues (bands 2 and above)
- To have up to date mentor (practice assessor) status and to work proactively and effectively with students
- To be innovative in quality improvement processes on the ward
- To have an extensive and well developed knowledge of risk assessment and management and be able to implement this within the acute ward setting
- To have an in-depth, well rounded knowledge of medication and be able to administer medication safely
- To deputise for the ward manager when required and have an understanding of the underpinning working processes and procedures for the ward
Our Trust is committed to providing excellent standards of support and work experience for our staff. On Kingsley ward we offer a full induction package for all staff which includes a period of 2 week supernumerary status. We offer monthly supervision with your line manager and weekly team reflective practice with our ward psychology team to ensure that staff feel valued and supported. You will also have an annual appraisal in which personal and professional development needs will be identified and a plan agreed on how these can best be achieved. **** We are offering a “£2,500 Golden Hello Payment” to successful candidates from outside of the Trust - does not apply to current HIOW NHS Staff ****
If this sounds of interest to you, please get in touch! We would love to hear from you!
For further information, please contact Lou Salmon on 01962 897760.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
Follow us on Facebook and on Twitter:
As a registered professional you will automatically become a member of our Academy of Clinical Excellence (ACE) which has a specific focus on the professional development and career progression of our nurses and Allied Health Professionals. As part of ACE’s commitment to you, our development pathway for band 6’s focuses on enhancing your competence and confidence as a senior clinician and leader. As such, you will have access to masters level academic study with our partner universities as well as access to a variety of internal and external leadership programmes, workshops and support tools. The Academy encourages all our registrants to engage with service improvement, research and facilitating learning and a range of opportunities to support these core professional activities is available from ACE. To help you progress your journey with us, you will have access to a ‘Career Navigation’ conversation which will help you explore your career aspirations and make decisions about your career trajectory.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.