An excellent opportunity has arisen to come and join our dynamic Occupational Therapy team in Epsom.
We offer innovative ways of delivering occupational therapy in Community Mental Health Recovery Services. The post will include delivering both individual and group occupational therapy interventions offering a clear care pathway, these interventions include:
- Occupation Matters Programme - a 20 week group which utilises Lifestyle Redesign principles.
- Recovery through Occupation - a 6 week group which uses the Re-Motivation process to improve an individual's motivation and social skills.
- New Horizons - our occupational therapy led discharge pathway to support a smooth transition from secondary services
- Individual occupational therapy
- Comprehensive occupational therapy assessments
We use Model of Human Occupation to guide all our occupational therapy assessments and interventions. We are particularly focusing on embedding occupational science and neuroscience into our practice.
The occupational therapy leadership team is committed to offering extensive, co-ordinated CPD programmes including a robust supervision structure, care group meetings, Trust wide and core competence training and an annual conference.Main duties of the job
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- To provide high quality and evidence based occupational therapy assessment and interventions, both group and individual, to people who access services and their carers/supporters/family members, in line with the occupational therapy pathways.
- To communicate effectively with people who access services, carers, the multi-disciplinary team and when appropriate outside agencies.
- To contribute to the generic functioning of the team.
- To provide supervision and mentoring to more junior occupational therapists, occupational therapy apprenticeships, support workers and activities coordinators (as appropriate)
- To provide occupational therapy student placements.
- To contribute to service development and audits.
- To take on the role of lead professional as appropriate.
This exciting opportunity is offered within our community mental health service and will be based primarily within Epsom. The postholder however, may be expected to work within all surrounding community services, as need arises.
The post constitutes a 50% delivery of Occupational Therapy interventions and a 50% of care coordination/lead professional for people with occupational needs.About us
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please check the job description and personal specification document for more information on the requirement for this job.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Occupational Therapy professional qualification
- Completion of a Fieldwork Educators' course
- Relevant post qualification clinical experience
- Experience of using multiple occupational frames of reference and approaches
- Experience of using relevant occupational therapy assessment and implementing interventions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of contributing to service development/project work
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
CMHRS Epsom Horizon House
28 Upper High Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.