Come and be part of our dynamic Occupational Therapy (OT) service within Surrey Heath Older People Community Mental Health Team (SH OPCMHT). You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team in providing specialist input into our Care Home Pathway and the SH OPCMHT based at Theta in Frimley, Camberley, not far from the M3. SH OPCMHT is part of the SH Integrated Care Team and provides an 8-8 service (shifts are typically 8am - 4pm and 12pm - 8pm), Monday - Friday, except Bank holidays.
You will be working with two other occupational therapists, and your role includes providing high quality OT assessments, individual and group interventions to the community, high quality OT assessments and individual interventions to our Care Home Pathway service and support with duty.
We use Model of Human Occupation to guide our OT assessments and intervention. As a service we have developed innovative ways of delivering OT to support people in their individual recovery journey, including occupationally focused group programmes, such as Lifestyle Matters Programme and Memory Matters Programme.
We have a robust CPD offer which includes core competence training, forums, robust supervision structure, and more.
This post would suit you if you have had previous experience of working in mental health and with older people with cognitive impairment, you want to consolidate your knowledge of OT and be involved in delivering high quality, evidence based, outcome measured OT interventions.Main duties of the job
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- To provide high quality and evidence based occupational therapy assessment and interventions, both group and individual, to people who access services and their carers/supporters/family members, in line with the occupational therapy pathways.
- To communicate effectively with people who access services, carers, the multi-disciplinary team and when appropriate outside agencies.
- To contribute to the generic functioning of the team.
- To provide supervision and mentoring to more junior occupational therapists, occupational therapy apprenticeships, support workers and activities coordinators (as appropriate).
- To provide occupational therapy student placements.
- To contribute to service development and audits.
- To take on the role of lead professional as appropriate.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the job description document attached for more information on the requirements for this job.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Occupational Therapy professional qualification (HCPC)
- Completion of a Fieldwork Educators' course
- Relevant post qualification clinical experience
- Experience of using multiple occupational frames of reference and approaches
- Experience of using relevant occupational therapy assessment and implementing interventions
- Experience in applying knowledge of the impact of health and disability on occupational performance, participation and identity
- Evidence of an interest and skills in specialist area
- Evidence of clinical reasoning skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of contributing to service development/project work
- Experience as a supervisor
- Experience of group facilitation
- Experience of supporting students on placement
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Surrey Heath Older People Community Mental Health Team
Theta Building, Lyon Way
Frimley, Camberley, Surrey
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.