An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Team Leader (Band 6) post in the Main theatres at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital. Within this specialist scrub role we are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated theatre practitioner to join our friendly and supportive theatre team.
Our department specialises in Trauma and Orthopaedics surgeries with an emphasis of delivering safe, high quality patient focussed care.Main duties of the job
- To act as a clinical expert and resource in the peri-operative environment demonstrating a sound underpinning knowledge base and highly developed clinical skills.
- Responsible for staff supervision, annual appraisal, management of attendance and performance and identifying and facilitating staff training needs.
- To lead and facilitate the planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient-focused care and treatment, in line with agreed peri-operative guidelines and protocols ensuring evidence-based practice.
- To participate as a scrub practitioner and circulating member of the theatre team, demonstrating high clinical standards, maintaining his/her knowledge base.
- To implement and influence change in line with developing clinical practice procedures and policies.
- Supporting the band 7 in ensuring that clinical services are developed to a high quality of care and that all compliance requirements such as CQC and contractual requirements are achieved.
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
Our cultural ambition is to have a culture that places people at the heart of all we do, where we all belong, and where learning, improvement and excellence thrive.
We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
The trust employs more than 9,000 staff and has a turnover of over �500 million a year. As a Foundation Trust, we are directly accountable to our members through the governors. The Council of Governors represent the interests of their constituencies and influence the future plans of the Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Happy to Talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationTraining and QualificationsEssential
- Professional UK registration e.g. NMC, HCPC.
- Mentorship (or equivalent) qualification
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Evidence of Leadership/Management development
- 2 years experience (post qualification) working in a peri-operative environment.
- Recent experience working in a scrub role
Skills and AbilityEssential
- Experience in Urology, Gynaecology and other specialities.
- Knowledge and safe use of laser
- Good Written and Verbal Skills.
- Basic IT Skills
- Good planning and organisation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience of audit.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.