The Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) is at the front of Colchester Hospital's ED & see, treat & discharge or stream patients to the most suitable service dependant on their needs. The UTC is open from 7am until Midnight, 7 days a week. We see, treat and discharge Minor Injury & Minor Illness presentations in line with the National UTC Principles & Standard. Being co-located with the Emergency Department means the UTC practitioners will be required to assess a mix of acuity & ensure the patient is sent to the right place at the right time.
Our Nurse Practitioners offer a 'Care at the Door' service which has been recognised by the National NHS England team as a Gold Standard Service. The 'Care at the Door' offers the patient the opportunity to be seen by a clinician on presentation to the UTC/ ED & they will then be streamed to the most suitable service.
We are looking for an experienced nurse or allied health professional who wants to further develop their skills & become an autonomous practitioner. If successful you will undertake courses in Minor Injury & Minor Illness, as well as the Consultation & Assessment course & finally Non-medical Prescribing. You will ideally have experience working in an Emergency Department, Urgent Care setting & or Primary Care & have an understanding on the management of Adult & Children (from birth) injury & illness.
This will be a Band 6 development post, where you will be provided with a development plan to progress into a Band 7.Main duties of the job
You will have the opportunity to develop and consolidate their existing Adult and Paediatric nursing skills and will be working towards becoming an autonomous Adult and Paediatric Nurse Practitioner.
You will be part of the UTC team and be expected to embed your learning and also assist with the team with the Front door process, Care at the Door and Co-Ordination.
You will be required to be flexible with working hours when required. You will gain experience in treating both Adults and Paediatrics from birth.
You will be able to treat all patients presenting with minor illness and minor injury presentations as per the UTC National Standards and Principles.
You will be supported in obtaining the skills required, if not already undertaken. These will include Consultation and Assessment Module, Minor Injury Modules, Minor Illness module and the Non-Medical Prescribing module, within an agreed timescaleAbout us
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a variety of services. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- NMC or HCPC Registered
- An Understanding of the management of Illness and Injury in Adults and Children
- Experience in ED/Urgent and/or Primary Care
- Undertaken any of the following CPD Modules: Consultation and Assessment, Injury, illness or NMP
- Evidence of Ongoing CPD
- Evidence in ability to manage care in and autonomous manner
- Registered Nurse or Allied Health Professional with relevant PIN
- Proven experience post registration qualification in the specific area
- Plastering, Wound Management, BLS/PBLS, Manchester Triage and other relevant documented experience
- Understanding of the National UTC Principles and Standards published by NHS England
- Working knowledge of Microsoft 365 packages
- Knowledge of Primary and Secondary care functions and practices
- Working Knowledge of SystmOne
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Polite and professional manner
- Confident and able to act as the patient advocate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to function as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Evidence of managing and improving the patient experience
- Calm and consistent under pressure
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.