Set within the St Anne's Centre on the Conquest Hospital site in Hastings you will find our St Raphael Ward, a specialist 17-bed acute inpatient ward for older adults with functional mental health disorders. Our Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) consists of nurses, doctors, occupational therapists, and a psychologist, plus access to a dietician and physiotherapist when required.Main duties of the job
As an RMNon St Raphael Ward you will share our commitment to maintaining and improving service user focused services and be motivated to provide the highest standards of care possible. You will work closely with service users, families and carers, who will need you to demonstrate empathy and a willingness to listen. You will thrive in an environment where we encourage you to use Evidence based practice and innovative therapies.About us
As a mental health trust Sussex Partnership places a huge focus on the wellbeing of our staff, as well as ensuring our reward packages reflect the immensely important work they do.
As an RMN in our team we can offer you:
- Access to full psychological support, via our internal wellbeing team
- Excellent supervision programmes, with ongoing opportunities for training and development
- Free parking on-site
- Access to a host of discount schemes (including gyms, shopping, restaurants and cars)
- A position within a trust rated as 'Outstanding' for caring and 'Good' overall by the CQC
- Generous holiday entitlement (starting at 27 days + 8 bank holidays)
- An incentive or relocation package up to the maximum of �4000 (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To be a successful RMN on our St Raphael Ward you will be:
- A Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Genuinely interested in working with older adults
- Enthusiastic, motivated, dynamic and forward thinking
It would also be advantageous if you have:
- Experience within an inpatient setting
- Experience working with older adults
We welcome applications from both RMN or RGNs, the most important thing to us is your desire and motivation to offer excellent care to our patients.
Hastings is a truly diverse and historic seaside town in the beautiful county of East Sussex, where property is affordable and access to green space can be found in abundance.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work within a specialist inpatient service with an excellent reputation for ongoing service improvement, then we would love to hear from you.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional qualification Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role.
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant post qualifying experience relevant to the care group
- Experience of working alongside people with severe mental health problems particularly in their acute phase of illness
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non statutory teams and agencies
- Experience of working within the CPA process
- Understanding of clinical governance
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St. Raphael Ward- St. Anne's Centre
St. Leonards on Sea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.