We are a dedicated Older Persons Mental Health (OPMH) service in South Somerset. Our mission is to provide comprehensive mental health support to older adults with severe and enduring mental health challenges. We also offer dementia diagnostic services and post-diagnostic support for elderly clients and caregivers.
Join our team as an Occupational Therapist and make a meaningful impact on the lives of older adults in South Somerset. You'll play a vital role in improving their quality of life while receiving support and professional growth opportunities, including managerial guidance and Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
We're looking for a motivated Occupational Therapist with professional accreditation and preferably some experience in mental health services. If you're passionate about helping older adults and eager to join our team, we want to hear from you.
Come to Somerset, fulfil your professional aspirations, enjoy a high quality of life, and make a real difference in older adult mental health care. Apply now to become part of our compassionate team.Main duties of the job
The post holder will deliver a high quality, comprehensive mental health service for older adults with severe and enduring mental health difficulties in: Older Person's Mental Health Specialist Care Settings, the Community, for those under the Memory Assessment Service and the Therapeutic Group setting. The role involves managing a defined caseload with a focus on working with individuals and their significant others who experience a complex range of needs and difficulties. Acting as a key member of the Multi-Disciplinary Team, the post holder will provide assessment and psychosocial, evidence-based interventions using a collaborative approach and will be skilled at positive risk management. Liaison with a wide range of agencies is central to the role.About us
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression, and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationPROFESSIONAL REGISTRATIONEssential
- They will have a caseload of Older People experiencing Mental Health difficulties.
- They will take on the role of key worker for clients.
- They may complete Memory Assessments.
- They will complete OT assessments for clients within the memory service and the CMHT.
- They will run, participate, and develop groups for the Therapeutic Groups, which currently include Cognitive Stimulation Therapy, the Living Well with Dementia programme and an OT assessment group.
- The post holder will have access to regular clinical supervision from a band 7 OT, regular attendance at an OT best practice group as well as ongoing training and supervision around the Allens Cognitive Disabilities Model and related assessments.
- The will offer supervision to the Band 5 OT.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- RMN OR Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Experience in working with those with a cognitive impairment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Must be a car driver, with a UK driving licence and have access to own vehicle
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
56 Preston Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.