We are seeking to recruit a Business Informatics Developer who will create and maintain data flows and reports within our Microsoft Azure and Power BI environments. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join the Trusts' Business Informatics department. Success will mean ESNEFT has a team that is proactive and adaptable in finding innovative technological mechanisms for reporting information and can analyse data in innovative ways for a range of audiences. Your work will make a tangible contribution to delivering the Trust's Informatics Strategy. Internal applicants currently employed by ESNEFT will be offered on a secondment basis only. We are looking for a data warehousing and reporting developer with proven experience in using MS Azure products and who has demonstrable skills in Power BI. You will have an understanding of the tools and technologies that can support excellent reporting, including SQL, PowerBI and other Microsoft Azure applications. You will also have a good understanding of data and data structures that support the creation of automated reporting and products. Want to know more, please see our online brochure via this link or the link at the top of the job description:- Data engineering - 1 (pagetiger.com) Main duties of the job
- You will be responsible to the Deputy Head of Business Informatics (Data Engineering) providing support and developing the function to deliver analytics for the developing organisation
- Responsible for using proven experience in translating business challenges into data pipelines & model framework
- The post holder is will support the BI Data Engineering Team in the seamless delivery of robust health intelligence (information and performance) enabling this to be delivered to stakeholders across the Trust and wider health economy.
- In line with best practise, supporting the development of innovative software and techniques to develop the informatics reporting into data science/predictive analytics.
- Responsible for the discovery of relevant information, make connections, create data visualizations, and support the Trust to operate efficiently
- Responsible for working with external bodies, including Universities, to develop data mining and statistical techniques relevant for the Trust and supporting the development of clinical and operational services
- Responsible for supporting the BI Data Engineering Team in providing the organisation with innovative tools and techniques which support the solving of problems in data management and analysis
- Use innovative techniques to acquire new data sources
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is thatTime Mattersto everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Have intermediate to advance SQL skills. Gain an understanding of systems and databases at the departments disposal and the constraints of each.
- The post holder will have experience in producing high quality analysis to multiple customers and tight deadlines. You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to deliver at pace and working under pressure to tight and multiple deadlines, whilst ensuring the quality of your work
- The ability to communicate analysis in a clear and coherent way
- Ability to manage the collection of data that is fit for purpose, promoting increased efficiency and effectiveness in data gathering, for example with data sharing, collation and reporting
- Strong awareness and practical application of quality assurance, imputation, weighting, data protection and disclosure control and
- A good knowledge and /or experience of using statistical software such as R.
- Support the BI Development Team to work alongside stakeholders across the Trust, wider health economy and wider public sector to deliver innovative and easy to use Business Informatics reports and methodologies, delivering reduced manual inputs but significantly expanded advances in data science tools, driving change in the Trust and wider health economy.
- To provide the development of quality-assured reports using appropriate software, for use by all members of the Trust and/or external organisations in a manner that enables Informatics to underpin practise across the Trust and wider health economy
- To develop and drive the use of innovative products and processes across the team, making best use of available predictive analytics and data sciences to continually improve the informatics, operational and logistical processes of the organisation.
- To ensure that all system documentation for developed applications, databases and data flows is appropriate, in line with national standards and best practise
- Develop within a working environment which encourages the team to be adaptable when finding analytical solutions to problems, to analyse and triangulate data in innovative ways and present findings clearly. Understand the importance of maintaining quality within analysis.
- Develop within a working environment which encourages the team to utilise a range of techniques including statistical modelling, data visualisation and change management to ensure best use of intelligence to create maximum impact.
- Support the development of statistical tools, such as R, or packages and Machine Learning techniques to support the improvements across the Trust
- Experience with large datasets, and programming skills that allow you to be self-sufficient in handling data, such as SQL to enable delivery of data science outputs to drive clinical and operational changes across the Trust
- The post holder will provide extensive experience from across the health informatics private/public sector, bringing a fresh approach to supporting clinical, operational and corporate projects.
- General education to degree level in a mathematical/data science subject, equivalent professional qualification or experience.
- Post graduate qualification in a related field
- Previous NHS role involving a high degree of data analysis, transformation or quality improvement
- Previous role requiring T-SQL combining with BI software.
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experienced developer
- Previous role with NHS statistics/performance analysis
- Familiar with NHS data standards
- Familiarity with the NHS data dictionary
- Knowledge of working within the NHS and the structure of an acute Trust.
- Excellent IT skills
- Use of BI software
- Skills in writing complex SQL queries, views and stored procedures.
- Good communication skills - particularly with clinical and senior staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of NHS operational and/or clinical management
- Statistical processes and tools
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience with R
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Colchester / Ipswich
Colchester / Ipswich
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.