Each day we deliver the health and social care services that people in Northamptonshire receive, in the community, at home, work or in schools.
In October 2022 we launched a new way of working at Turn Furlong (Kingsthorpe, Northampton), to provide a new integrated health and social care model of care for people needing short term support upon discharge from hospital.
The 'Recovering Independence Bed' unit, will be delivered by a range of staff from health and social care settings, to deliver clinical care, rehabilitation support, and care support, ensuring patients experience the best quality of service they can, in a prompt and smooth fashion.
The services will provide a unique opportunity to work with a dedicated team, with experience from both elements of health and social care, to deliver vital intermediate care for patients in Northamptonshire.
You will need to provide quality care for our patients, specialising in rehabilitation/reablement and sub-acute care for patient stepping down from acute hospitals.
We want to create an effective and high performing team and so we are looking for somebody who is proactive and dedicated team member, is open to new ideas and is committed to delivering high quality patient care.Main duties of the job
As a Senior Nurse you'll
- Lead the nursing care provision providing quality care to a group of patients on a shift to shift basis over the 24/7 period ensuring safe and effective delegation of junior staff
- Lead the nursing team providing support to junior colleagues and assisting them in problem solving relating to patients and staff.
- Lead in the assessment of the healthcare needs of patients and develop care plans reflecting their needs
- Lead in supporting and developing the nursing team which includes undertaking appraisals, supervision and training and development
- Assist the Nursing and Quality Lead in monitoring the quality of care they're receiving
- Develop goals with the patient and MDT colleagues to progress the patient towards discharge
- Carryout clinical skills such as complex medication administration, intravenous medications and fluid administration, syringe pump use, enteral feeding, complex wound care and catheterisation and assist junior colleagues in gaining their competency related to clinical skills.
- Assist in developing new ways of working in the centre and developing strong links with other services and the wider community
- you'll need to be well organised, confident and able to be adaptable and resourceful to deliver high quality patient care.
- Be a key part of the team and work without any direct supervision on a daily basis with the ability to prioritise work at all times based on the patient need
To apply you must be on the NMC register with post graduate experience working within a team and preferably within an inpatient setting.
The unit will operate 24 hours, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year therefore you will be required to work shift patterns.
Join us and you can be part of this new service from the very beginning and make a positive difference to people's recovery.
NHFT has recently been shortlisted for Trust of the year! Rewards and Benefits
- Excellent learning and development to support you and develop your Nursing Career.
- Flexible working opportunities from start date
- Free parking on Trust Sites
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is committed to training and developing its staff not only with clinical skills but also in leadership and managerial skills.
You'll also have access to our generous pension scheme and health service discounts, as well as generous annual leave plus bank holidays.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document. Person SpecificationRegistered with NMCEssential Team leader experienceEssential post graduate qualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- post graduate qualifications
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.