Care to join us in making a difference while working flexibly in our varied inpatient theatre department driving your own career path.
As a Theatre Practitioner, you're registered with the appropriate governing body and you hold the relevant qualifications and experience, including NMC or HPC. You bring a passion for high standards, a meticulous eye for detail and post-registration experience. You're a focused, flexible and motivated team worker. As a Theatre Practitioner you will:
Main duties of the job
- Work with some of the best in the field
- Enjoy a varied caseload
- Put your communication skills to work
- Use state-of-the-art technology, equipment and facilities
- Supervise, support and develop junior members of the team
- Shape patient experiences that are always clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in achieving a high standard of patient care and having a positive impact on patients' perioperative journey.
- You will work as a Scrub Practitioner / Anaesthetic Practitioner as well as circulating within theatre delivering quality of care and maintenance of standards.
- Supervision of students of nursing, Operating department practitioners, nurses on adaptation programme and post registration learners.
- To act with professionalism and integrity, being a role model to those around us and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity.
- To provide a service that is tailored to meet the needs of the individual and to understand what our patients/customers need and be adaptable and responsive
Our philosophy is 'together we can make things better', if this aligns with your ambition, passion and beliefs, we will welcome an application from you.About us
We are looking for Band 5 Theatre Practitioners in beautiful South Devon to support the expansion of our service. The successful candidates will work in the inpatient theatre department.
We are a friendly, forward-thinking proactive department covering most surgical specialties. We have two practice educators to support our clinical practice and staff development, and we have an onsite educational building with a simulation suite.
Why work with us - Torbay Hospital provides acute care for the local community and has several community hospitals, and is a hot-spot for those who are considering living by the sea or within half an hour of Dartmoor National Park and an hour to Exmoor National Park. Meanwhile, Plymouth and Exeter are also both within a short drive to enjoy the culture, maritime history and shopping experiences. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see our attached job description and person specification form for full details. #CaretojoinusTSDPerson SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse (NMC) / Registered Operating Department Practitioner (HCPC)
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Post registration theatre experience and / or qualification
- Ability to assess, plan and evaluate patient care
- Evidence of continuous education and professional development
- Mentorship qualification
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Research and development awareness
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Multiskilling - demonstrate competency in anaesthetics, surgery and recovery
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
General Theatres, Torbay Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.