Swindon Psychological Therapies Service (PTS) are seeking an experienced Clinical or Counselling Psychologist, to join our senior staff team and take a lead on the development of access to evidence based psychological interventions for people with a diagnosis of Psychosis & Bipolar Disorder in Swindon. You will play a key role in the next phase of the development of the team, in the context of the wider changes associated with the Community Mental Health Service Framework. The post holder will work closely with other staff working on the Psychosis & Bipolar Disorder pathway (including the psychological therapists working in the Early Intervention team) and the Psychosis Leads in BANES and Wiltshire to co-ordinate service developments across the Division.
At a time of significant change, you will be helping to inform how we deliver high quality, evidence based interventions to service users with complex needs.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.Main duties of the jobClinical:
Alongside carrying a clinical caseload, you will play a key role in widening access to NICE recommended psychological interventions for service users with these difficulties in the Locality. The role will involve consultation to colleagues in other teams, andthe provision of supervisionto colleagues undertaking training in CBTp and/or family interventions for Psychosis within the Locality. You will work closely with the Senior CBTp Therapist, other staff working on the Psychosis and Bipolar Disorder pathway to ensure timely access to evidence based psychological interventions. Management and leadership responsibilities:
You will provide clinical and management supervision to staff within PTS working on the Psychosis and Bipolar Disorder pathway(including the psychological therapists working in the Early Intervention team), with a dual focus on ensuring that we are delivering clinical excellence and supporting staff in their own wellbeing. You will also provide clinical supervision for psychological practitioners from other teams providing input to service users with Psychosis and Bipolar Disorder. As part of the senior staff team, you will contribute to decision making around key areas of service development, and where appropriate will represent the team at meetings in the Locality and Division.About usWe are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)
a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful applicant will have significant clinical experience in delivering evidence based interventions in a secondary care setting, and providing supervision and consultation to others. A commitment to clinical excellence and ongoing service improvement are essential, but we are also looking for someone with a compassionate leadership style.
Further details are outlined in the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Doctoral qualification in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, or equivalent
- Registered with the HCPC.
- Relevant Specialist CPD qualification in relevant NICE recommended psychological intervention (CBTp or FIp)
- Minimum of 6 years post qualification experience
- Experience of Lecturing/Teaching/Training Psychologists and other professions.
- Supervision experience with Trainee Clinical or Counselling Psychologists
- Supervision experience with other professions.
- Clinical audit work relevant to role
- Service development/project work.
- Extensive knowledge of specialist therapeutic interventions with client group
- Specialist assessment and formulation skills
- Expert at analysis and differential formulation of highly complex case information
- Specialist training in clinical supervision
- Expert knowledge of one NICE recommended intervention.
Skills and personal qualitiesEssential
- Ability to use computer spreadsheets for data analysis.
- Ability to use computer software to perform specialist/ advanced data analysis of clinical data
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective team player with good communication and liaison skills
- Well organised with good administration skills.
- Empathy/engagement skills with the client group.
- Ability to cope with workload pressure/prioritise workload.
- Advanced skills at engaging with/communicating sensitively to clients who exhibit severe problems of interpersonal relating.
- Able to communicate effectively across different levels of the organisation
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.