West London NHS Trust have successfully established aRough Sleeping Team - who works with rough sleepers with mental health needs across 3 London Boroughs - we are recruiting staff to the Multi - Disciplinary Team.
An opportunity has been created for an experienced Social Worker to join this new Team and play a key part in its development and response to the needs of rough sleepers who have mental health and physical health difficulties. The service will work across the tri Borough area of Hammersmith & Fulham, Ealing and Hounslow and will be working closely alongside our principal partners, St Mungo's Outreach Service and Local Authority Homelessness Departments.
We are seeking an experienced social worker who will have experience of working with vulnerable people and it would be beneficial if you had experience of working with people with housing needs who are vulnerable and marginalised.
This is an exciting development providing a much needed service. In addition to your established professional skills you will be a good communicator with a degree of flexibility and willingness to work with a number of agencies. We want someone who is willing to be 'creative', work outside the usual working hours and who has a strong desire to work with community partners and support people to be reintegrated into society. It would be beneficial for the individual to have a clear understanding of safeguarding adults.Main duties of the job
You will have good knowledge of or a willingness to learn about the various Housing, Hostel and other accommodation regulations ensuring there is good liaison with partners and providers. It is recognised that appropriate housing reduces considerably the likelihood of a return to the streets for most of our clients
The posts involves working flexible hours and will include occasional late night and or early morning shifts as required which enables us to access service users effectively in order to assess mental and physical health needs and engage successfully and pursue reconnection with health and appropriate accommodation services.
You will be expected to travel between the 3 boroughs and will be supporting with the hubs where you see a number of people in different locations to support them if they are sleeping rough. We will expect you to be flexible and willing to work with many stakeholders and voluntary organisations.About us
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse healthcare providers in the UK, delivering a range of mental health and physical healthcare and community services. The Trust runs Broadmoor Hospital, one of three high secure hospitals in the country, with an international reputation.
Our high secure services care for patients from South of England and we provide low and medium secure services across eight London boroughs. The Trust also provides mental and physical healthcare in three London boroughs (Ealing, Hounslow and Hammersmith & Fulham). We employ 4,500 staff, of whom 56% are BME. Our turnover for 2023-24 is �426m.
The Trust is rated as 'Good' overallby the Care Quality Commission. Forensic services are rated as 'Outstanding'.
The Trust is an established partner and contributor in the development of the evolving North West London Integrated Care System and the Integrated Care Board. The Trust leads the NW London Children and Adolescent Mental Health provider collaborative.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Candidate Pack provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. Please view as attached
The person specification below is not the full person specification, but outlines the criteria against which your application form will be assessed.Person SpecificationTraining/ QualificationsEssential
- Professional qualification in Social Work and with current HCPC registration. Current AMHP qualification
- Educated to degree or Diploma level with other courses relevant to primary care mental health services e.g. CBT, Brief Solution Focussed Therapy etc.
- RGN/physical health qualification
- Evidence of recent and ongoing relevant further professional development
- Demonstrable experience of post qualifying work in a mental health setting.
- Experience of supervising junior staff within own and/or other disciplines
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Audit and research experience
- Experience of teaching/training in a formal or informal setting
- Experience of working in a primary care setting/ social care/ voluntary sector
- Knowledge of counselling skills/cognitive behavioural skills, psychosocial interventions
- Knowledge of recovery approaches as used with those with mental health conditions
- Ability to interpret research and apply to practice
- Specialist knowledge of mental health conditions as well as their relationship to physical disorders
- Assessment and treatment of Deliberate Self Harm
- Risk assessment/management and crisis intervention skills
- Use of psychosocial assessment methods
- Higher level communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to engage challenging and/or acutely distressed patients in potentially hostile and/or antagonistic situations and use de-escalation techniques effectively
- Sufficient clinical knowledge to be able to make autonomous decisions, based on an analysis of complex presenting problems and judgement about available options, with senior clinical support/supervision
- Team/self management and organisation skills that enable a number of complex activities and clinical work to be undertaken, revising and adjusting these according to the needs of individual patients and the service
- Computer literate
- Ability to frequently work under pressure and maintain intense concentration, particularly in unpredictable situations where there will be exposure to highly distressed and/or disturbed patients, often exhibiting challenging behaviours and the risk of physical violence
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Self motivated, able to work autonomously and independently with confidence when required.
- Exercise initiative, flexibility and tact and self awareness
- Willing to use peer and group supervision creatively
- Be able to work flexibly if required
- Be aware of the limitations in your competencies and seek appropriate senior advice and leadership.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Personal experience of a mental health condition
West London NHS TrustAddress
Rough Sleepers & MH Service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.