LCHS deliver a wide range of community healthcare services across Lincolnshire, enabling patients and families to access care and support at, or as close to, home as possible. We work in partnership with other providers within both health and social care helping people to maintain independent lifestyles for as long as they can. We are committed to helping everyone we care for remain as healthy as possible and making their experience with us the best it can be.
The last few years have brought a significant amount of transformation and change to the NHS and the journey hasn't ended yet. We have a complex but exciting period of transformation ahead of us to ensure that our services meet the needs of the Lincolnshire population and because of this we are looking for new talent to join our team.
Our transformation plans encompass service delivery improvements, partnership initiatives, commissioning projects, and clinical redesign projects and estates transformation around hybrid working and the future of our estate footprint to name a few! As Estates Business Manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of inter-provider contracts, ensuring robust systems are in place for contract review, performance monitoring and internal / external stakeholder engagement, as well as providing proactive advice and support to the organisation on Estate's aspects of business planning, business development, and contracting.Main duties of the job
The Estates Business Manager role provides an ideal opportunity to work with clinical, non-clinical and corporate teams to support the organisation with its performance management function by providing effective analysis and reports and monitoring compliance with national and service standards.
Working in alignment with our existing Project Management Team, you will help re-design and deliver transformational change in the way we provide care to our patients and improve the working lives of our staff in conjunction with the LCHS Estates Roadmap.
We are seeking an individual with a proven track record of estates contract and tender management, including performance monitoring, who is able to demonstrate specialist knowledge, skills and leadership capability in order to support our objectives. Candidates should be able to communicate complex messages to a range of stakeholders, sometimes at very senior level. They should be a strong networker and relationship builder, and they
Should be able to identify risks, anticipate issues and create innovative solutions to resolve problems in relation to estates and / or service delivery.About us
Our aim is to do things the LCHS Way We listen, we care, we act, we improve
We listen: we engage with everyone we work with | we are united | we are always positive
We care: everyone is valued, respected and developed | knowledge and skills are nurtured | success is celebrated
We act: Clear goals and the right resources | freedom coupled with accountability | emphasis on simplicity
We improve: we are creative, resourceful and innovative | integration & collaboration is the way forward | we're always striving to do better
...Fit for now, fit for the future
If you are passionate and motivated about change and have the skills to support the improvement of quality, patient and staff experience, and enthusiasm to provide services with the support they need to drive improvement, then this role is for you.
For further information on the role, please contact Felicity Elkington by email on firstname.lastname@example.orgJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide proactive advice and support to the organisation on Estates aspects of business planning, business development, and contracting.
To manage a portfolio of inter-provider contracts, ensuring robust systems are in place for contract review, performance monitoring and internal/external stakeholder engagement.
To support the organisation with its performance management function by providing effective analysis and reports and monitoring compliance with national and service standards
To be involved in project management for service change projects within the organisation.
To represent the organisation as appropriate both internally and externally Lincolnshire Community Health Service requires all staff to safeguard children, young people and adults. All staff are required to access the organisational policies, also the Local Safeguarding Children Board and the Local Safeguarding Adults Board policies and procedures that underpin the safeguarding agenda. The safeguarding policies to be followed are found at www.lincolnshirecommunityhealthservices.nhs.uk and www.lincolnshire.gov.uk . LCHS policies, procedures and guideline - It is a condition of your employment that as an employee you are expected to adhere to our policies, procedures and guidelines. These can all be found on the Trusts website.
1. To manage a portfolio of inter-provider contracts, ensuring robust systems are in place for contract review, performance monitoring and internal/external stakeholder engagement.
2. Offer and provide specialist knowledge, experience and leadership within own areas.
3. Interpret information, highlighting trends and/or inconsistencies and working with relevant service managers, challenge poor performance and identifying actions that need to be addressed by operational teams or the wider organisation.
4. To use Microsoft Products to produce regular performance reports to support the performance assurance process, ensuring that reporting is both timely and accurate, that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met, and that actions and learning are reflected in all reports.
5. Working closely with the Operational Managers, provide effective monitoring, analysis and management of performance against national and local targets, providing recommendations and exception reporting weekly (where appropriate) and monthly for relevant senior managers.
6. Provide business management support to frontline services, to support with decision making for Estates service improvement and cost improvement schemes with a view to improving quality outcomes and more efficient use of resources.
7. Take personal responsibility for the governance of the programme, ensuring that management arrangements are robust, reports are professionally presented, accurate, impact assessed and that any concerns are escalated to an appropriate level.
8. To identify potential risks and issues in the overall organisations Estates programme and to propose pragmatic solutions to mitigate and manage those risks and issues.
9. Assist in the production of detailed costed business cases to support Estates developments and business growth
10. Support a culture of shared learning across the organisation, identifying areas of good practice and performance.
11. Provide analysis on ad-hoc issues, queries and projects as required by the Estates strategy.
12. Working closely with business partners in the information, governance and performance teams, support to develop and deliver benchmarking processes across the service lines, provide services with internal and external benchmark information, including audit, in order to compare and measure performance.
13. The duties and responsibilities outline above may vary over time and are subject to management review and amendment.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oEducated to degree level or equivalent level of experience working at a senior level in a specialist area
- oEvidence of post qualifying and continuous professional development
- oProject Management knowledge and skills.
- oProficient in Microsoft Office, including the use of Microsoft Teams or similar applications
- oAbility to collate, analyse, synthesise and present complex information
- oAble to manage and prioritise work to meet time critical requirements and deadlines
Special AttributesEssential KnowledgeEssential
- oInnovation - proactively presents ideas for improvement
- oExperience of negotiating with and influencing very senior managers
- oStrong negotiation, persuasion and presentation skills
- oExcellent knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects
- oExcellent knowledge of the NHS and the delivery of a range of healthcare services
- oContract and tender management experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oPrevious NHS experience at senior level
- oEvidence of working across health & social care boundaries
- oProven track record of effective stakeholder management
Lincolnshire Community Health Service NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.