Internal to MPFT Staff only Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist - Internal Applicants only
The Midlands Partnership Foundation NHS Trust provides Speech and Language Therapy Services across the whole of Staffordshire, working with commissioners in both education and health services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our team. The post is a permanent post based in the Community Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy Team in the South Staffordshire area. The post is for 27 hours per week to be worked over four days, and involves managing a clinical caseload across South Staffordshire.Main duties of the job
The base for this post is High Green Court, Cannock. The post holder will hold a caseload that predominantly covers clinics, nurseries and schools in Cannock, Great Wyrley and Rugeley. the post holder will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a range of communication needs in children and young people within that caseload. There may be some travel required to attend team meetings and supervision in other settings across the geographical area. The successful applicant may be asked to work in other areas within the South area in response to clinical demand.
This post would be suitable for an experienced or newly qualified band 5 therapist who is looking for the opportunity to develop experience in the role and to work as part of a Speech and Language Therapy team within the NHS.About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The South Speech and Language Therapy service supports children and young people with a range of communication needs through assessment and intervention in homes, schools and clinics.
the post holder would be expected to independently manage a clinical caseload, attend MDT meetings when needed, and comply with EHCNA requests.
The Childrens Speech and Language Therapy Service is able to offer:
- regular managerial and clinical supervision sessions
- regular team meetings, both locally and with colleagues in the North of the county
- professional development via our appraisal system
- in-service training and excellent library facilities
We offer excellent training and development opportunities, a friendly working environment and flexible working arrangements.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Speech and Language Therapy
- Registration with HCPC
- Paediatric speech and language therapy experience during training i.e. Clinical placement. Assessment and management of developmental speech, language and communication difficulties in children across different settings. Experience of working in community clinics.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Understanding of Information Governance, data protection, HCPC and RCSLT standards and safeguarding children.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAbility to demonstrate commitment to team working. oAbility to work independently. oAbility to form effective working relationships with professionals internal and external to the organisation. oExcellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to produce clear and accurate reports in a timely manner. oExcellent organisational skills. Able to prioritise work to deadlines. oAble to work on own initiative with direction. Able to judge appropriately when advice, direction or authority to proceed is required. oDemonstrates an understanding of confidentiality in the NHS. oGood skills of self-awareness and the impact on others. oStrong computer literacy skills and ability to use Microsoft Offices systems. oAble to travel within a geographical area to meet the requirements of the post.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
High Green Court
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.