Are you a registered podiatrist looking to develop into a leadership role?
We are looking for a motivated podiatrist with excellent communication and leadership skills, who is able to ensure compliance within service delivery, the best health outcomes for patients and staff, and managerial and organisational leadership support.
You will be joining our dedicated, friendly and supportive team at an exciting time of transformation, playing an active role in shaping and delivering our service vision.
You will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Podiatry Services in your assigned area and will work flexibly to cover other localities if needed.
You will provide leadership for the Podiatry team including organisational, estates and individual line management of team members, including podiatrists and clinical support workers.
If this is a role that interests you, we would welcome informal discussions regarding the role and the team you would be working in.Main duties of the job
You will work alongside our team leads and clinical specialists to support the delivery of community podiatry services in Somerset.
As part of the role, you will ensure a high standard of care and treatment for patients and work with members of the team and other agencies to best meet the patients' needs.
You will play an active role in the development of services in line with the Trust's Strategy and Business Plan and will provide management supervision to staff within the team as well as providing strong clinical leadership.
Due to the need to travel to different locations, it is essential that the post holder has a full UK drivers licence drive with access to their own vehicle and appropriate insurance.
The service operates 5 days a week (Monday to Friday) between 8.30am and 5.00pm, with a requirement to provide rotational cover on a Friday up to 6.00pm.
The service has three main hubs:
West - Bridgwater & Taunton,
South - Yeovil
East - GlastonburyAbout us
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust offers a great benefits package including 27 days annual leave (pro rata) and a competitive pension scheme. We also offer fast track access to in-house MSK Physiotherapy support.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To link proactively with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the service.
To maintain a clinical caseload of at least 20%.
To provide Podiatry specific advice, teaching, and training.
To provide a high standard of Podiatry services to patients referred by Consultants, GPs, A & E and other Health and Social Care Professionals.
To take an active role in the supervision, teaching and appraisal of junior podiatry staff, students and departmental administrative and clerical (A & C) staff.
For full details, please see the job description.Person SpecificationGeneralEssential
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Excellent report writing skills
- Data analysis skills
- Degree/Diploma in Podiatry
- Postgraduate specialist training and experience
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Evidence of professional development in the management of staff
- Mentorship/ Leadership qualification or equivalent
SKILLS & ABILITIESEssential
- Substantial experience working clinically in Podiatry at a senior level
- Able to deliver to targets and deadlines
- Aptitude and confidence for working with a rapidly changing environment
- Able to provide robust leadership by empowering staff and supporting staff
PLANNING & ORGANISING SKILLSEssential
- Excellent interpersonal skills - influencing, negotiating, coaching and communication (written and verbal) skills, across all levels both inside and outside the organisation
- Work under pressure, dealing with a complex range of competing priorities and agendas
- Complete work whilst being subjected to frequent unpredictable interruptions
- Committed to team development
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Responsible for own learning
- Excellent timekeeping and flexibility
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Access to vehicle for travelling within and outside Trust boundaries
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Yeovil / Taunton / Bridgwater
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.