Consultant Psychiatrist - General Adult Psychiatry, Central Lancashire (10PA)
*Golden Hello payment Payable
* This post is eligible for a 5% payment of basic salary payable over 2 years
We are seeking to recruit a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Central Lancashire Home Treatment Team (HTT), based at Royal Preston Hospital. The post is full time (10PA).
The postholder will be expected to participate on the Consultant On Call rota, for which additional remuneration will be payable.Main duties of the job
The postholder will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, which provides a 24/7 service for people in Preston, Chorley and South Ribble. The consultant psychiatrist is expected to carry a compact caseload of the most complex and unstable cases, but will also be available at short notice to provide consultation and advice to other team members, although they are not required to act as care co-ordinator.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.About us
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Study leave budget of �3000 over 3 years or up to �5000 over 3 years for newly qualified Consultants
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Relocation package available.
It's also an exciting time to be joining LSCFT as we have significantly expanded our Medical Leadership positions in areas such as suicide prevention, Mental Health Law, Audit & Effectiveness, and Locality Medical Director roles. We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area. There are also opportunities to have a role in Digital Leadership if this is a passion for any of our Consultants.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEdJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about this post.
The Job Description for this post has been approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practise
- On GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months
- Section 12 approved or within 3 months
- AC status or within 3 months
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge, skills and experience appropriate to this role
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.