An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative and enthusiastic Community Nurse Professional Lead with the Torquay Locality. The Community Nurse team comprises of community nurses, health care assistants, phlebotomists, community matrons and practitioners as well as close working with pharmacists, therapists and other multi professional colleagues within the locality.
The Torquay Health and Wellbeing team are renowned for their integrated and supportive approach with colleagues from across Allied Health Professions, Intermediate Care, Social Care and the Voluntary sector. The team are friendly and supportive and work together to meet the needs of patients in the community as best as they can whilst also supporting each other.
The team are creative and always keen to explore new ways of working to improve patient care and service delivery. We work flexibly and encourage a healthy work life balance and are keen to help our team members to develop and always seek opportunities for improving. If you would like to discuss the new post or arrange to come to meet the team, please contact Sarah Bradley, the recruiting manager for an informal chat.Main duties of the job
- To deliver high quality care to the housebound patients of Torquay area and work as part of multi-disciplinary team and in partnership with primary care and secondary care.
- To work closely with Professional Leads for Occupational therapy, Social work and physiotherapy in Torquay to develop integrated practice, putting in place new process pathways and adapting practice to support the aims of the Trust and key performance targets.
- To lead the development of an integrated and coordinated nursing service Torquay, maintaining and building on partnerships with Practice Nurse and Hospital Nurse colleagues.
- To deputise for the professional head of service, Community Services Manager, or other Locality leads where required.
Torquay Health and Well-Being Team are a large but supportive team who enjoys mentoring team members and students and is passionate about delivering quality care to the housebound patients.
We work in an integrated way with allied health care professionals within the locality. We are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues. The team is flexible and promotes a health work/home life balance. The team work very closely with the Intermediate Care team, Urgent Community response Team as well as the integrated social care teams.
We are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues. The team is flexible and promotes a health work/home life balance.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFull Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification. #caretojoinus Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse (level 1)
- BSc (Hons) Community Health Care Nursing (District Nursing) or equivalent
- Diploma in Health Studies
- Community Practitioner Prescriber
- Specialist assessment/Community Care
- Evidence of Continuing professional development
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Team management skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Health and Social Care Services
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care programmes for individual patients utilising specialist knowledge across a range of work procedures and practices underpinned by theoretical knowledge.
- Broad range of clinical skills including complex and specialist skills e.g. Venepuncture, ear syringing, Doppler assessments and manual handling assessments
- Caseload & Team management
- Managerial and leadership skills, participating in staff appraisal and development/recruitment & selection
- Budget Management
- IT Skills/experience
- Experience or an understanding of integrated ways of working with Practice Nurse colleagues
- Post (RN) registration experience and 2 years post specialist practitioner qualification
- Understands clinical governance/clinical supervision
- Awareness of local and government agendas
- Safeguarding Adult Investigation Skills
- Undertaken a management programme
- The ability to liaise effectively with patients/carers and a wide range of health workers within primary care
- To initiate and participate in audits, demonstrating knowledge of research and development and contributing to policy/service development and practice changes
- Negotiating skills/Change management
- Accountable for own professional actions
- Ability to provide and communicate complex information to arrange of health, social care and third-party workers
- Ability to provide and receive complex information to patients and carers using a wide range of highly developed communication skills
- Able to work unsupervised in a range of settings, analysing and making decisions in relation to patient risk and care in complex cases
- Ability to maintain accurate written records/reviewing and monitoring documentation
- Ability to manage/prioritise a caseload, demonstrating skills in appropriate delegation of nursing care/work rotas
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to think logically and independently
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Health and Safety issues/ Risk Assessments
- Ability to cope with an ever-changing structure of the NHS
- IT skills including power point
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
3rd Floor Union House
89 Union Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.