Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust Rehabilitation and High Support Care Hub provides Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services to patients from the Greater Manchester area. The directorate is renowned for high quality service delivery, excellent staff opportunities and innovative service developments, having expanded bed numbers more than three-fold in the past ten years. We continue to explore and develop new services for specialist mental health provision.Pennine Care offers consultants a number of benefits, including a significant well-being offer, subsidised salary sacrifice care leasing scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, retail and restaurant discounts, coaching/mentoring and peer group support.
We are aiming to recruit a full-time (10 PAs) consultant to lead the development and clinical operation of this inpatient based services. There are opportunities for additional remunerated responsibilities The successful candidate will also have dedicated time to undertake tertiary referral assessments for the entire RHS.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
To provide Responsible Clinician duties to up to 24 rehabilitation inpatients.
The unit has dedicated GP cover for primary care physical conditions.
Key Requirements of the Person Specification:
The applicant will have demonstrable post graduate higher psychiatric training and preferably have experience in Rehabilitation Psychiatry.Main duties of the job
To manage, appraise & give professional supervision to junior medical staff in accordance with the Trust's personnel policies and procedures. This may include assessing competences under the Health Education England framework. To ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder operate within the parameters of the New Deal & are Working Time Directive compliant. To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients. To record clinical activity accurately & comprehensively, & submit this promptly. To participate in service and business planning activity for the locality & , as appropriate, for the whole mental health service. To participate in annual appraisal for consultants. To attend & participate in the academic programme of the Trust. To maintain professional registration with the General Medical Council, Mental Health Act Approved Clinician Status, & to abide by professional codes of conduct. To participate annually in a job plan review with the clinical manager. To work with local managers & professional colleagues in ensuring the efficient running of services, & share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management. To comply with the Trust's agreed policies, procedures, standing orders & financial instructions.. See Job Spec for full details.About us
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Core clinical work (consistent with Royal College of Psychiatry requirements)Assume role of RC, take clinical responsibility for the in-patients, and lead the multi-disciplinary team to deliver the Care Programme Approach review meetings. The appointee will maintain approval as an Approved Clinician and under Section 12 of The MHA 1983 (amended 2007).
Involved in out of hours oncall at Rochdale for General Adult Working age patients
Maintain Good standards with CPD and Royal College of Psychiatrists requirements.
Participate and contribute to Clinical Governance, Quality Improvement and supervision trainees.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Endorsement in Rehabilitation Psychiatry
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved Clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Able to undertake the role as described (with reasonable adjustments made if required)
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
- Excellence in working extensively in multi-disciplinary teams at ST4-6 or consultant level.
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Academic Skills & Lifelong LearningEssential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Experience in PICU/Rehabilitation/Forensic Psychiatry
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Prospect Place Low Secure Unit, Birch Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.