An opportunity has arisen in the Upper GI Cancer Services for an experienced upper GI nurse.
Our role involves supporting patients through diagnostics, and decisions around treatment for their cancer. We work autonomously but in a very supportive multi discplinary team to ensure that patients care is co ordinated smoothly and in a timely fashion.
This is a challenging role which involves highly emotional situations where you will be closely involved with patietns, and their families at a very distressing time.
Applications for this post are invited from experienced oncology nurses who have knowledge of referral pathways, diagnostics and treatment options for patients diagnosed with lung cancer. Experience of running nurse led clinics is desirable but not essential.
We are looking for an individual who is flexible, dynamic, self-motivated and passionate about this field of nursing. You should have excellent communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.Main duties of the job
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities. About us
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021.
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do.
- We are rated the sixth highest trust in the South East and in the top 25% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment.
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application clearly reflects where you match them including any examples you would like to highlightPerson SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the person specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.