York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is on the look-out for talented, caring, enthusiastic Midwives to join our Bank.
Working on the bank offers flexibility and shifts are available on both maternity units and in a variety of areas. A period of orientation will be offered and access to the maternity in-house training programme. You will work alongside midwives and support workers committed to delivering excellent patient experience.
You are required to hold a professional NMC registration to join the Bank.
For information about joining the bank in a different role please contact the bank office on 01723 385080.
Please note that all workers on a bank contract are required to meet a minimum number of hours in order to keep their bank contract active. The current requirements are 45 hours worked in a six month period, this is an average of one shift per month.Main duties of the job
- Maintain a high standard of patient focused care in accordance with York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients, ensuring accurate written records are kept.
- Communicate with patients and carers to ensure they have access to appropriate information.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships between all staff involved in the care of the patient
- Act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct
- Undertake duties on different wards/departments as and when required by service demands
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for compliance with infection control policies and procedures
- Education and Training
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is situated in a fantastic part of the country that is home to two national parks, a beautiful coastline, and the city of York - consistently voted one of the best places to live in the UK. We provide a comprehensive range of acute hospital and specialist healthcare services for approximately 800,000 people living in and around York, North Yorkshire, North East Yorkshire and Ryedale - an area covering 3,400 square miles.
Our annual turnover is approaching �0.5bn. We manage eight hospital sites and have a workforce of around 10,000 staff working across our hospitals and in the community.
The benefits of working on the Bank are
Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description . Working for the Trust
- Weekly or Monthly Pay Frequency
- 4.96% bank premium paid on top of AfC rates
- 12.07% paid annual leave premium
- Unsocial hours pay
- Pay increments
- Flexibility to pick and choose your shifts
- Book your own shifts online from home PC, mobile or tablet
- No start up costs - DBS and uniforms provided free of charge
- Paid Mandatory training in line with Trust policy
- Entry to NHS pension scheme
- Access to certain Trust benefits and discount
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind
we are open
and we pursue excellence
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. DBS Checks
Under our criminal records check policy, we will re-claim the cost of DBS checks (where required for a role) on the commencement of your employment. Further details will be set out with your offer of employment. Volunteers and Bank roles are exempted from charges.
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) offers a confidential checking service for transgender applicants in accordance with the Gender Recognition Act 2004. This is known as the sensitive applications route, and is available for all levels of DBS check - basic, standard and enhanced.
The sensitive applications route gives transgender applicants the choice not to have any gender or name information disclosed on their DBS certificate that could reveal their previous identity. To contact the sensitive applications team, please telephone 0300 106 1452 or email@example.com.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential Desirable
ExperienceEssential Desirable skillsEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of Respiratory qualification
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
York Scarborough and Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.