Talking Therapies Portsmouth is a well-established and high performing NHS Talking Therapies service provided by Solent NHS Trust and commissioned by NHS Portsmouth CCG. The service was launched in 2009 to provide evidence based psychological interventions for the population of Portsmouth in primary care. The service was part of the national and regional initiative to help improve access for long term health conditions and military communities, and as a result we have developed a number of innovative pathways to support these clinical populations. As well as having a CBT and Step 2 team, Talking Therapies Portsmouth has an integrated counselling and psychotherapy team and employment advisors as part of the service, which ensures different teams work very closely together. The clinical services provided to clients are supported by competent, friendly and efficient admin team. A great strength of the service is our supportive culture and nurturing environment.
The service provides a wide range of treatment options such as CBT, EMDR brief counselling, DIT, CfD and IPT, as well treatments with strong emerging evidence base. We also have a strong commitment to CPD and have an annual cutting edge training programme to ensure our clinical teams remain up to date with latest research and innovative practice within the field. Given our various clinical pathways, there are numerous opportunities to get involved with service development initiatives post qualification.Main duties of the job
The service is aimed at adults experiencing one or more of the following problems:
- Marital, family, relationship disharmony, including separation and divorce
- Reactive depression, including loss and bereavement
- Self-image esteem and identity problems
- General anxieties
- Stress/trauma (pre and post-event) Developmental life crisis (e.g. job related stress, unemployment, redundancy, role changes, parenting, infertility, ageing)
- Material or practical stresses (e.g. housing, financial)
- Coping with injury or illness
- Appropriate emotional/physical/sexual abuse issues
Make a difference with us
If you are looking for somewhere you can make a real difference and are passionate about keeping people safe, well and out of hospital, a career with us may be just what you're looking for. At Solent NHS Trust, we strive to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of our communities.
We are proud to be an organisation which is focused on our people and we welcome people who share our values to come and work with us.
To deliver great care that is safe, simple and easy to access
To be a caring, flexible and supportive place to work
To deliver the best value for money
Our shared values support the development of a strong working culture. They breathe life into our organisation -- guiding and inspiring all of our actions and decisions. They enable us to be better at what we do and create a great place for our staff to work, whilst ensuring we provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
In creating our values, we spent time listening to our employees and members. Based on what people told us, we created our HEART values to reflect the deep belief that we are caring organisation at the centre of our community: Honesty, Everyone counts, Accountable, Respectful, Teamwork.
We are an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
We encourage and support our staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against Covid-19.Job descriptionJob responsibilities *Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description* Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognised professional qualification to Diploma level (or Degree equivalent). For example, BACP recognised course or equivalent (i.e. minimum 450 hours skills and theory, 120 hours supervised practice, 40 hours personal therapy).
- Accreditation or eligibility for accreditation with the BACP.
- Have a minimum of 1000 hours supervised counselling experience in addition to that required for training purposes.
- Up to date knowledge of the Data Protection Act (Information Governance) and how it applies to information and records relating to patients and staff.
- Experience of using electronic patient records (e.g. IAPTus, SystmOne).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working within the NHS ideally working with Talking Therapies or mental health service.
Solent NHS TrustAddress
8F The Pompey Centre, Fratton Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.