Would you like to be part of an exciting new integrated service .
Are you an eager and enthusiastic clinician looking for a new challenge? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you.
This post will combine the opportunity of working in the MSK Outpatient Clinic in Market Drayton with the opportunity to work at HM Prison Stoke Heath.
This post would be suitable for a dynamic individual who is enthusiastic and motivated to continue their professional development. This will be supported via access to a wealth of knowledge and experience in the form of consultants, GP's with special interest, Advanced practitioner's as well as clinicians with special interests.
Through job plans and CPD programmes as well as opportunities to access apprenticeships and funding, this is the perfect role for clinicians with a vision for enhancing their knowledge and skills in the field of Musculoskeletal disorder management.
We have established links with an award winning Research Team (In 2021, they won the Research Team of the Year award with West Midlands Clinical Research Network), allowing those keen to be part of research and development, the opportunity to be part of exciting projects such as studies into rheumatological conditions.Main duties of the job
To work within the Physiotherapy Department in Market Drayton and one afternoon per week running an MSK clinic at HM Prison Stoke Heath, alongside therapy colleagues and the wider MDT in meeting the needs of people who require physiotherapy assessment and treatment to provide a high standard of physiotherapy care.
To perform advanced physiotherapy assessments of patients including those with diverse and complex presentations/multi-pathologies and use advanced clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition and to deliver an individualised treatment programme.
To provide a high standard of physiotherapy care and undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
The post holder is responsible for their own caseload and the frequency of their treatment sessions as well as being jointly responsible for a defined area of service working without direct supervision. The post holder is also responsible for the prioritisation of their personal work load whilst balancing patient need against their available work time.About us
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust provides community-based health services for adults and children in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, and some services in surrounding areas too. These range from district nursing, health visiting and running four community hospitals through to providing very specialist community care through talented and dedicated staff.
Patients, carers and the public play a vital role in helping us to develop and improve our services and we are constantly looking for ways to work with local communities, patients and the public to innovate and improve. Have a look at the Have Your Say section of our website to find out how you can feed back your experiences and help us to continually improve.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust is an exciting place to work. It offers a wide range of employment opportunities for many people.
Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust positively encourages applications from all areas of the community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are committed to ensuring people who work for the community trust have a good working life - and a good work life/home life balance.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the job description and person specification attached for further information on the role.Person SpecificationTraining and QualificationsEssential
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- Registered with the HCPC
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development including attendance at recent post graduate courses relevant to musculoskeletal practice
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Recent NHS experience as a physiotherapist
- Completed broad range junior band 5 rotations including core rotations, (respiratory, orthopaedics, trauma, out-patient Musculo-skeletal (MSK), neurology) or currently working as a band 6 in MSK
- Experience of audit, current policy and outcome measures
- Experience of working within a physiotherapy team and multidisciplinary team
- Evidence of special interest in MSK and orthopaedic care
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to present information, written and verbal, in a clear and logical manner
- Competent IT skills and ability to keep legible and accurate notes in English
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and organise own caseload and delegate when necessary
- Understanding of Clinical Governance and the implications for physiotherapy
- Ability to work with the multi/interdisciplinary team and set team goals.
Shropshire Community Health NHS TrustAddress
Market Drayton Medical Centre
14 Maer Ln
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.