An opportunity has arisen for a Divisional Finance Manager post at South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust for an enthusiastic, dynamic and ambitious individual to join the financial management team. We are a driven and motivated team passionate about improving patient care and the development of our finance team. We have professional accreditation with ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA and AAT as well as holding level 1 Future Focused Finance accreditation and offer support for further training and professional development.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing a high quality and comprehensive accountancy service in order to ensure immediate and long term financial viability and stability to the directorates within the organisation. Candidates should be able to demonstrate commitment to achieving both their own and the Trusts goals. In addition we are looking for strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and be able to challenge and influence others.
The successful applicant will be CCAB qualified or a passed finalist.
Working for South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust offers a range of benefits including eligibility for a blue light discount card, access to the Trusts lease car scheme and access to the cycle to work scheme.
Contact details for job related candidate queries: Emma McDowell 0191 5656256 Ext 41469 email@example.com Main duties of the job
The role will encompass a high degree of the following disciplines:
- Provision of high quality financial advice and business support to Divisions and services.
- Financial planning, reporting and forecasting
- CCAB Qualified Accountant
- NHS Finance Experience
- Good understanding of the local health economy
- Knowledge of the services provided by the Trust
- Experience of presenting financial information for non-finance audiences
About usPlease help us by adding your telephone number to your application form this will allow us to contact you quickly if required.
- CCAB Passed finalist
- Significant experience of working in Finance in a large or complex organisation
- Sound understanding of the NHS financial regime
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Reliable and committed to delivering targets and achieving outcomes.
- The Financial Management team currently work flexibly and work a hybrid model of working
One Team One Trust - There are many reasons to work at our Trust. From our commitment to putting people first to our accessible services and award winning teams. We have a passion for research, innovation and tackling inequalities. We are committed to respect, fairness and civility and promote a compassionate, caring and positive culture / working environment.
We welcome all applications irrespective of peoples race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion/belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups. Looking after our workforces health and wellbeing is a priority for STSFT. We also provide access to high quality education, training, career progression and support. Flexible working is supported via the Trust's Flexible Working Policy.
The Trust employs around 8,300 people and provides a range of hospital services to a local community of around 430,000 residents. We also provide a range of more specialised services outside this area, in some cases to a population as great as 860,000. We offer our staff outstanding benefits - Fitness Centre (SRH), libraries at both hospital sites, chaplaincy support and access to a Childcare Co-ordinator to help staff with childcare arrangements.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Main Purpose of the Job:
PLEASE SEE JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FURTHER DETAILSPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Responsible for the provision of high quality financial advice andbusiness support to specified Divisions and services, in order tofacilitate the effective monitoring and management of Divisionalfinances.
- Responsible for ensuring the provision of robust divisionalfinancial information and reliable financial forecasts.
- Ensures the co-ordination and integration of Divisional financialplans with corporate financial responsibilities, objectives, plansand overall financial strategy.
- Liaise regularly with Director of Finance, Deputy Director ofFinance and Head of Financial Management on current financialissues
- To regularly work with Divisional General Managers, DivisionalDirectors, Associate Medical Directors, Clinical Director andDepartmental Heads within the Divisions to ensure long termfinancial viability and stability for the clinical area ofresponsibility.
- CCAB passed finalist committed to achieving full membership of professional body within 12 months of appointment
- CCAB qualified accountant
Desirable Other RequirementsEssential
- Significant experience in finance working in a large or complex organisation
- Experience of spreadsheet, database and word-processing packages
Special Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Able to set clear and concise objectives for self and staff, prioritise and monitor progress, and take appropriate action to achieve outcomes by required deadlines
- Reliable and committed to delivering targets and achieving outcomes
- Valid UK driving licence and able to travel between sites or to meetings with partner organisations as required
- Sound understanding of the NHS financial regime and relevant legislation and guidance, including Payment by Results and the Single Oversight Framework
- Excellent skills in analysing, interpreting and using highly complex data
- Ability to use judgement to compare and evaluate options, and recommend actions based on those evaluations
- Effective problem-solving skills, especially for new issues where no precedent to follow
- Good understanding of local health economy
- Working knowledge of clinical and non-clinical services provided by the Trust
- Excellent communication skills including presentation and summary of complex data into meaningful information for Divisional staff
- Able to use initiative to pursue challenging and difficult issues with confidence, drive and tact in order to achieve results
- Effective negotiation skills and ability to interact effectively with senior management.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of presenting financial information and preparing reports for a non-finance audience
South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Sunderland Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.