An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Launceston and Tamar Valley Community Nursing Team for a dynamic Band 6 Deputy Community Nurse Team Lead.
The post holder will be required to work flexibly across the area within the Integrated Team. Working from both the Launceston base and Callington base including staffing the Local Point of Access.
Using your relevant qualifications and experience you will be responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients with complex health and social care needs. The post holder will have completed or be willing to undertake the Long Term Conditions Course.
You should also have an understanding of the changing climate of care delivery in the community.
The ability to travel independently across the area to fulfil the requirements of the post is essential.Main duties of the job
- To ensure provision of nursing assessments and high quality, safe, evidence based care to patients and carers with the aim of maintaining patients in their own homes.
- To work in partnership with patients and carers and members of the multi-disciplinary team to offer support and advice and promote informed choice maximising independence and optimising quality of life.
- To manage a clinical caseload within a Community Nursing team.
- To ensure best practice guidelines and performance standards are met.
- To be an autonomous practitioner responsible for the assessment and treatment of patients with complex health and social care needs.
- To provide developmental management to all staff within the team
The post holder will work in this adaptable and evolving role, focusing on safe, effective admission avoidance and supporting timely discharge from hospitals and other care settings. Implementing personalised support plans and collaborating with the whole community resource to facilitate ongoing care management.
To work in partnership with patients and carers and members of the multi-disciplinary team to offer support and advice and promote informed choice maximising independence and optimising quality of life. This post holder will be required to provide clinical management and leadership to all staff within the team.About us
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Just over 532,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
Skills and AptitudeEssential
- Current professional registration - NMC
- Post graduate specialist training to degree level in relevant subject area or equivalent experience
- Mentoring qualification or being willing to work towards this qualification
- Current experience of working in a community environment post qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Budget management skills
- Strong commitment to teaching and learning
- Experience of working with patients with complex and challenging needs
- Ability to remain calm in stressful and challenging situations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel independently where required/ full UK driving licence
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Launceston Hospital and Callington Community Clinic
Link Road and Haye Road
Launceston and Saltash
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.