This post will be a rotational post to work alongside the nursing team under the direction of the senior nurse assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care programmes throughout the paediatric nursing service in the Children's Eye Centre (RDCEC) and St Georges and Croydon. The post holder will participate in safeguarding children and young people, using prior experience and knowledge and will communicate concerns to the safeguarding team and paediatric colleagues. The post holder will work collaboratively with the nursing and play teams to ensure that families are involved in their child's care and will use their knowledge of child development to help families through the paediatric hospital journey so that the best outcomes can be achieved for children using our services. The post holder will be working in outpatient clinics, day surgery, preassessment and emergency (ophthalmic) care.
This post will be subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
During the probationary period, your suitability for continued employment will be assessed and provided a satisfactory standard is achieved and maintained, your employment will be confirmed. The probationary period may be extended or your employment terminated either during or at the end of probation, in line with the trust Probationary Policy. For the duration of the probation period, the notice period will be in line with contractual obligations on either side.Main duties of the job
- Assist with advice and support to children and their families, and to act as an advocate for children and families in matters regarding their treatment options and choices within the ward, Accident and Emergency department, out patient and satellite setting
- Liaise with other groups of staff in the care of the children, young people and their families
- Participate in safeguarding children and young people within the Trust and ensure that the Trust Safeguarding Policy is adhered to and that concerns are communicated to the senior members of the paediatric team and the safeguarding children team.
- Pls see full JD attached
Moorfields is one of the world's leading eye hospitals, providing expertise in clinical care, research and education. We are expanding our network of satellite sites providing acute ophthalmic services at Mooorfields South at St Georges provide community services in Queen Mary's, Nelson and other Satellites that will be open in the Future.
Our main focus is the treatment and care of NHS patients with a wide range of eye problems, from common complaints to rare conditions which require treatments not available anywhere else in the UK. We treat people at our main hospital base in London's City Road and at over 20 satellite facilities in and around the capital, which enables us to provide expert treatment closer to patient's homes.Job descriptionJob responsibilities Assess the needs of the infant, child and young person according to the agreed model of nursing care, implement and evaluate the planned care, working in partnership with the family and ensuring that a safe standard of care is delivered. To work towards the development and delivery of high standards of patient care by using clearly defined care pathways. Undertake the required levels of training for Safeguarding Children and Young People. Participate in the pre-admission assessment of children and their families Ensure that all forms of communication are used effectively in the interest of family centred care.
Please see attached JDPerson SpecificationQualificationEssential Desirable
- Work Experience in Paediatric Ophthalmic Nursing
- Demonstrate the ability of clinical practice
- Able to demonstarte use of IT resources
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to work effectively with colleagues and multi-disciplinary team
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.