We are looking for an Urgent Care / Intermediate Care Clinical Nurse in a permanent full time role. You will be working within an integrated team, working across the community, this includes: Urgent Care Response Team, Intermediate Care and Community Nursing Team.
Delivering high quality care to the housebound patients of Torquay and work as part of multi-disciplinary team and in partnership with primary care and secondary care. Providing ongoing assessment of nursing needs of patients and carers in the community. When planning a programme of care, consideration is given to the delegation of suitably qualified staff to facilitate the level of care agreed.
As the first clinician to screen and assess a patient, you will be expected to plan and implement care/treatment to ensure safe and effective delivery of care. In consultation with the IC/Duty Team, this may require placing the patient in a place of safety bed, or arranging immediate care support in their own home.Main duties of the job
- To undertake holistic, comprehensive assessments including both risk assessment on behalf of the team, and nursing assessments involving a thorough examination if the patient's medical, social, and emotional state, in order to determine the most appropriate plan of intervention
- To provide ongoing assessment of nursing needs of patients and carers in the community. When planning a programme of care, consideration is given to the delegation of suitably qualified staff to facilitate the level of care agreed.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner in the planning and implementation of nursing treatment programmes.
- To advise and instruct carers and patients on health and well-being issues, and self-care strategies
- To carry out specialist and shared complex nursing assessments, to include continuing and palliative care.
- To develop a focused, patient centred, goal orientated plan of treatment and/or rehabilitation to avoid unnecessary admission or to facilitate early discharge
Torquay Health and Well-Being Team are a large but supportive team who enjoys mentoring team members and students and is passionate about delivering quality care to the housebound patients. We work in an integrated way with allied health care professionals within the locality.
We are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues. The team is flexible and promotes a health work/home life balance.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
. #caretojoinusPerson SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential
- Qualified Registered Nurse
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Minimum of 2 years' post registration experience
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- BSC (hons) in Community Health Nursing (District) or equivalent
- Nurse prescribing (or willingness to undertake training) Team management skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Health Care services Undergone training in frailty and long-term condition management
- Knowledge and understanding in frailty and long-term condition management
- Nursing Mentor
- A broad range of clinical skills including complex and specialist skills.
- To communicate complex information
- Maintain timely and accurate written records
- Prioritise workload, demonstrating appropriate delegation
- Holistic client assessment using specialist knowledge across a wide range of work procedures and practices underpinned by theoretical knowledge.
- Ability to make sound clinical judgements and decisions in response to complex or crisis situations
- Able to work as an autonomous practitioner
- Ability to manage a caseload
- Mentorship Module
- Experience of clinical leadership
- I.T. knowledge/experience
- Awareness of budget management skills
- Good understanding of clinical governance
- Awareness of local and government agendas
- Experience working in acute care (secondary Care and community care
- Assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating care of the unwell adult
- Knowledge of principles of Research and Audit.
- Negotiating skills
- Health and Safety/Risk Assessments
- Current driving licence and access to transport
- Acute care nursing skills
- Ability to assess, prioritise and co-ordinate care for people with complex needs
- Teaching and presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Cannulation and IV administration
- Palliative Care Nursing Skills
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
89 Union Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.