Are you an experienced band 5 nurse looking for a new challenge?
Do you want to join a busy department in one the best locations in UHBW?
An exciting opportunity has arisen forenthusiastic and motivated Band 5 Nurses to join the Discharge Lounge team within Trust Services!
With over 400+ patients a month, we are looking to expand the team and offer a 24/7 service for quicker discharges to get patients home as soon as possible and free up much needed beds for emergency and elective patients.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to develop new and current skills around your knowledge of medication, leadership, implanting change, and communication.Main duties of the job
As a band 5 nurse, you must be confident to work independently as this role will require lone working at times.
This is a varied role where you will look at patient's clinical & non-clinical care whilst also implementing change in the lounge.
Your main duties will include:
- Providing a high standard of patient care assisting with the assessment, planning, implementation of Safe, efficient patient discharges.
- To work as part of the multi-disciplinary Team working closely with the CSM team, pharmacy and transport.
- Work closely with the clinical site team, the hospital discharge team, transport and pharmacy.
- Be able to work under pressure as this can quickly become a fast-paced environment.
- Leading the team including motivating and mentoring
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Provide a quality service to all users of the service.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description, main responsibilities, and Person Specification, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- RN (NMC registered) / or NVQ 3 Operating Department Practice pre 2004 or Diploma in Higher Education Operating Department Practice post 2004
- Current NMC registration / or current Health Professions Council registration for ODPs
- Broad knowledge and experience of clinical nursing practice within a hospital environment
- Interest in the clinical area
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of taking charge
- NHS Experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate competence in clinical skills relevant to the clinical area
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate effectively with patients, carers and MDT
- Computer skills
- Competence in calculations for safe administration of medicines/fluids
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin St.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.