Are you a qualified adult's or children's nurse/theatre practitioner dedicated to providing top quality care, but need the flexibility to match your individual circumstances?
Why not join the Temporary Staffing Bureau here at the University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust today!
You will benefit from working across all disciplines giving you the opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of specialties. Shifts are flexible, so you don't need to commit to working hours that don't suit you. It really doesn't get any more convenient. Regular work is available and there is a the possibility of long and short term placements, so you can get the flexibility of temporary work combined with the team spirit and friendly atmosphere of a permanent role.Make our bank your first choice and enjoy benefits, including:
Main duties of the job
- Intensity bonuses
- Training Opportunities
- Holiday Pay
Whether you're working as an adult nurse or children's nurse, you will work across all disciplines giving you the opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of specialties!
****PLEASE STATE THE POST FOR WHICH YOU ARE APPLYING IN THE SUPPORTING INFORMATION AND DESCRIBE IN SOME DETAIL YOUR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING RELEVANT TO THE POST****
Please note applications are reviewed every 4 weeks.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- RGN.1st Level or relevant children's qualification
- Current NMC Registration
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Training Qualification or equivalent experience
- Relevant post registration course -
- Broad experience of clinical practice
- At least one year's experience of working as a Registered Nurse, 6 months of which must be in an acute setting within the NHS (or equivalent)
- Experience of teaching / mentoring/ supporting staff
- Previous experience of speciality
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to solve problems and use initiative
- Ability to develop own clinical skills and a willingness to participate in continuing professional development (
- Competency in medication administration including IV drug administration or willingness to undergo training
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to take the lead, initiate and ensure appropriate action in response to the deteriorating patient
- Good basic level of English language demonstrated through effective written and verbal communication skills
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Trustwide - Bristol & Weston
Upper Maudlin St.
Bristol and Weston
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.